Well well well... look who is back. It is me. I am back.
It has been quite the offseason, huh? I mean if you were into Jersey Shore and college football its like the two worlds collided.
Somewhere in-between conferences.
It is like Dr. Seuss is running all of our favorite sport. Wild, wild times to be alive.
- In case you missed this last night, check this out. Oklahoma behind the scenes has really been making some great stuff lately and I think this is worth checking out.
- MAINE! MAINE! I can not tell you how excited I am for Maine. I love seeing the Oklahoma Sooners play against schools from places that I assume the average man wouldn’t even know played football. My only complaint is that it isn’t a road game, so I can’t snag a lobster roll.
- Strap in and get to bed early! The Sooners appear to have landed themselves another coveted 11 a.m. kick off! Ya know, at the end of the day it’s a road game, but man.. it’s comical. I am curious what kick times Oklahoma gets once the change happens next offseason. I mean surely they get more 2:30s at least, right?
More B1G TV schedules on FOX & Peacock (P), sources told @ActionNetworkHQ, if no games flexed to other networks. Times ET— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 15, 2023
Sept 23 Oklahoma at Cincinnati, noon (FOX)
Sept 30 Michigan at Nebraska, noon (FOX)
Sept 30 Mich State at Iowa 3:30 (P)
Oct 7 Rutgers at Wisconsin noon (P)…
- Ah, the real thing. What will take Oklahoma from what they were last year to the monster they hope to be this season? Yeah, talent matters, of course. Your first 11 and superstars have to be good. Tramel, though, talks about something I have rolled around in my head a lot this offseason. Do they have the depth?
- Jump into the hallways of a high school with me and let’s talk about another QB commit in Kevin Sperry. Why did he land at Oklahoma? Well, Hoover talks about that here.
- Oh. My. Lord. On. High. Eddie Rado has accomplished the goal.
- Big names are littered all over this team now — especially on defense. Peyton Bowen really strikes me as one of the most interesting people on this team, and I will read every word about him I can get. Anyone who can log hours like he does on Hogwarts: Legacy and still be an amazing athlete is someone out to specifically impress me. Also, my friend Ryan wrote it, so you know it is good.
- Well *puffs on a cigar* I guess we find ourselves at a standoff.
I have made the decision to decommit from the University of Notre Dame. I want to thank Coach Freeman, Coach Parker, and Chad Bowden for the opportunity, and wish them and the Fighting Irish the best going forward. https://t.co/trrcVYYU7j— Nate Roberts (@nateroberts2025) August 15, 2023
- David Stone has been a name for Oklahoma for what feels like six years. Sooners have to land him... don’t take my word for it! Josh said it first!
- COUGH COUGH
- I mean seriously, Oklahoma Softball, even in the thick of football preparation, I really feel I need to give them their praise. Grace Lyons’ tenure at Oklahoma is something that I fear may be faded in a few years and not get the shine it deserves. She played with so many great players who were more offensively-gifted players than her. I hope we remember her as she should be, clearly one of the best Sooners ever.
- Nothing quite like this annual conversation. I love reading through Bruce Feldman’s freak list every year. Yes, I think that this can be some real attachment of what builds a winning program. Ya know, being faster, bigger, and stronger than everyone else. It also is always interesting to me to see random players from smaller schools on here and track where they go. I will never forget the year I watched Buffalo football after seeing Khalil Mack No. 1 a few years ago. Always a fun read.
- Shout-out to Fresno State! This is very awesome to see! Now, I feel like I have seen a similar headline 50 times over the years right? I am not saying this is lie, I very much assume it isn’t. Generally feels though like we are splitting hairs with very specific titles.
- Our (well “my”) guy Mark hitting it here. I know this is a giant conversation. I am not going to beat a dead horse, but isn’t this the top of the “everyone is totally right, and totally wrong” list?
College Football is College Football. It’s 50 years older than the earliest organized version of the pro game.— Mark Schipper - 5th Down CFB (@5thDownCFB) March 15, 2022
CFB is not pro football in a popcorn seed waiting to get hot enough to burst into pro football.
CFB’s unique culture is what makes it special. Fight for it.
- I.. you.. we... screw it. I am just leaving this here. Do what you want with this information.
Condoleezza Rice (Stanford) & George W. Bush (SMU) contacting ACC officials to lobby for those schools to get an ACC invite, @ByPatForde 1st reported. No word if Marshawn Lynch is reaching out on Cal's behalf— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 16, 2023
I can’t believe this is real.
- If you haven’t been partaking in the “Big 12 expansion” conversation, I totally get it. OU in the SEC, who really cares? I do find it fascinating. I do think Oklahoma fans and Oklahoma State fans alike have really seen this picture from a single perspective. I think it is always important to dabble in the national waters and see what they are saying. My personal choice? The Solid Verbal.
Sports aren’t the whole world, ya know?
- I have to say, I moved to Stephens County and suddenly got into bluegrass and Americana music. I don’t really have an explanation other than the scenery just kind of calls for it, ya know? Regardless, my favorite guy put out a new tune recently.
- I usually stay away from juicy stories and stuff like this but I mean COME ON.
- I am sure everyone is familiar with Down to Dunk, especially if you are a Thunder fan. However these are some of my favorite podcasts every year. The trivia shows are great.
Thanks for... linking up with me.
Man if feels good to be back, talk to you next week, knuckleheads.