Entering Week Three of the 2021 college football season, the Oklahoma Sooners have climbed up one spot to No. 3 in the AP Top 25 Poll after thoroughly dismantling the Western Carolina Catamounts, 76-0. Up next, OU should be in for a fun one against a classic and storied rival — the Nebraska Cornhuskers (2-1).
POLL ALERT: Oregon, Iowa jump in AP Top 25 following losses by Ohio State, Iowa State; Arkansas has first ranking since '16.— AP Top 25 (@AP_Top25) September 12, 2021
Full poll presented by @askRegions >> https://t.co/zIXKidRuN7 pic.twitter.com/yVgTJSTrbk
Full AP Poll below:
- Texas A&M
- Ohio State
- Penn State
- Notre Dame
- Iowa State
- Virginia Tech
- Coastal Carolina
- Ole Miss
- Arizona State
- North Carolina
News and Notes:
- The Oregon Ducks rose eight spots after upsetting the Ohio State Buckeyes in Columbus — without the services of star DE Kayvon Thibodeaux. Meanwhile, OSU dropped six places and faces a ton of questions about its porous defense in back-to-back outings.
- The Iowa Hawkeyes proved why they’re big brother to Iowa State’s little brother in a sound, country butt-whupping in Ames. Matt Campbell, for all the success he’s had at ISU, has yet to crack the code on how to defeat the premier program in the state.
- Welcome back, Texas. Against the Arkansas Razorbacks, the burnt orange boys we all know and adore looked like a team that is still far from contending for anything nationally. In Steve Sarkisian’s first road game as UT’s head coach, nothing was working on either side of the ball, and that 19-point beatdown was actually worse than the 40-21 final score indicated. The Longhorns have dropped from No. 15 to out of the poll.
- If Clay Helton’s days at USC weren’t numbered already, they definitely are now. How much longer will the Trojans accept mediocrity? After getting run out of the Coliseum against Stanford late last night, I can’t see their patience lasting much longer.
- The BYU Cougars had themselves a heck of a week. First, the program was formally invited to join the Big 12 Conference. Then they went on to defeat their hated in-state rival — the Utah Utes. Now, they’re 2-0 and back inside the top 25.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!