Happy Hump Day, friends and fans!
On Wednesday morning, Oklahoma Sooners 2022 four-star WR commit Talyn Shettron out of Edmond Santa Fe HS announced his decision to flip his verbal pledge to OU’s in-state Bedlam rival — the Oklahoma State Cowboys.
June 30, 2021
Citing a desire to play college football with his older brother, TE Tabry Shettron, Talyn has now backed off from his verbal to Oklahoma after originally announcing his commitment to the Sooners last October. Since the lesser heralded of the two brothers has not received a scholarship offer to play at OU, the chance to play together at OSU was too good to pass up for the No. 2 overall player in the state.
Gods plan, Gods way. The future is bright in Stillwater! #gopokes pic.twitter.com/Qvy5I2Ym16— Tabry Shettron (@ShettronTabry) June 30, 2021
One can only imagine that Lincoln Riley and his coaching staff will continue stay close to the situation if there’s any chance at all for Talyn Shettron to change his mind and re-commit, but for now, the search for another top-flight pass catcher wages on. Fortunately, Luther Burden — the nation’s No. 1 receiver — remains firm in his commitment.
With this latest development, Oklahoma’s 2022 recruiting class now ranks 10th in the nation according to 247 Sports’ Composite class rankings.
Now onto today’s Hot Links! De’Vion Harmon (now at Oregon) withdraws his name from the draft, Creed Humphrey impresses on the white board, the Djoker continues to roll in Wimbledon and more!
- If you weren’t hyped about the Porter Moser era at Oklahoma, you will be after watching this practice montage. There are a ton of unknowns surrounding this team, but there are also plenty of reasons why this group should be extremely exciting to watch. Boomer!
.#BoomerSooner pic.twitter.com/6ObYUUg4iA— Oklahoma Basketball (@OU_MBBall) June 29, 2021
- Speaking of OU Hoops, former point guard De’Vion Harmon has revealed his decision to withdraw from the 2021 NBA Draft process and is officially transferring west where he’ll join the Oregon Ducks. Best of luck to him!
Former Oklahoma guard De’Vion Harmon told @Stadium that he will withdraw from the NBA Draft process and play at Oregon this season. Averaged 12.9 points for the Sooners this past season.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) June 30, 2021
- If you want a comprehensive rundown of all the records Patty Gasso’s 2021 softball champions broke this past season, look no further because SoonerSports has you covered. What this team was able to accomplish is simply incredible, and quite possibly will never be replicated.
Not to sound like a , but the numbers speak for themselves.— Oklahoma Softball (@OU_Softball) June 30, 2021
» https://t.co/hPyLzeeVC8#ChampionshipMindset pic.twitter.com/nydKcyHFjk
- Former OU center turned Kansas City Chiefs rookie Creed Humphrey recently caught up with Geoff Schwartz for an in-depth white board session where the two O-linemen broke down the center position from an expert’s perspective. Great stuff!
The Big Boys Club: Board Work Session with @creed_humphrey@geoffschwartz & @BigDuke50 give us a raw look at the @Chiefs second round pick showcasing full command of his offense and processing coverages during pre-draft preparation! pic.twitter.com/6A4A9sM02Q— FOX Sports: NFL (@NFLonFOX) June 29, 2021
- Give a listen to the latest C&C Machine Podcast where Kamiar offers his takes on the recent highs and lows of the Sooners’ current recruiting cycle.
new @CCMachine podcast— K. Mehrabian (@KMehrabianCCM) June 30, 2021
Recruiting Giveth, Recruiting Takethhttps://t.co/Ba7NmyA6vo
- In case you missed it, make sure you check out last week’s C&C Machine Podcast with Jack, Kamiar and Stephen. The guys talked about the big recruiting event that took place at OU, as well as the addition of a new verbal commitment and more.
New @CCMachine podcast! with @OUupdatedSB & @jlarryshields— K. Mehrabian (@KMehrabianCCM) June 25, 2021
BBQ Delivery & Upping the Talent in Normanhttps://t.co/nQRpNM5ooA
Around the Sports World
- The Los Angeles Lakers are reportedly finalizing a deal with David Fizdale as a lead assistant on Frank Vogel’s coaching staff. Before this move, Fizdale held previous head coaching positions with the Memphis Grizzlies (2016-17) and New York Knicks (2018-19).
- On Wednesday, the New Orleans Saints signed Ryan Ramczyk to a five-year, $96 million contract extension, effectively making him the highest-paid right tackle in the NFL.
- Earlier this week, LSU Tigers starting left tackle Dare Rosenthal entered the NCAA Transfer Portal after reportedly violating team rules.
- In a rematch of the 2018 Wimbledon final, Novak Djokovic defeated Kevin Anderson in straight sets to advance to the third round of this year’s tournament. The victory also marks the 16th consecutive match win for Djokovic at Wimbledon.
2011: ✅— Wimbledon (@Wimbledon) June 30, 2021
History repeats itself for @DjokerNole as the defending champion beats Kevin Anderson again at #Wimbledon to progress to the third round pic.twitter.com/RlkJIYNoIq
- The spectator who caused a massive crash during last week’s Tour de France peloton has reportedly been taken into custody. I don’t know what an appropriate penalty looks like here, but c’mon people, do not be this person.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!