Following news that that Big 12 Conference intends to move forward with fall football, a revised conference schedule has been released. The 2020 schedule for the Oklahoma Sooners has now been finalized.
A delivery for #Big12FB fans‼️— Big 12 Conference (@Big12Conference) August 12, 2020
Your first look at the 2⃣0⃣2⃣0⃣ Conference schedule ⤵️ pic.twitter.com/1W00A3EYuM
2020 Oklahoma Football Schedule:
- Sept. 12: Missouri State
- Sept. 26: Kansas State
- Oct. 3: at Iowa State
- Oct. 10: vs. Texas (Cotton Bowl in Dallas)
- Oct. 24: at TCU
- Oct. 31: at Texas Tech
- Nov. 7: Kansas
- Nov. 21: Oklahoma State
- Nov. 28: at West Virginia
- Dec. 5: Baylor
A few quick observations:
- While much of Big 12 schedule’s order has been shuffled around, OU-Texas will still be played on the second Saturday of October as God intended. Also, despite the closing of the State Fair of Texas, the game will still be played at the Cotton Bowl. I’ll be on my couch at 8 a.m. with a beer and two corndogs, and I hope you’ll join me in solidarity.
- The front half of the schedule is going to be a doozy. Playing Chris Klieman’s K-State team right out of the gate isn’t going to be much fun, and the Sooners then have to face Iowa State, Texas and TCU in consecutive games.
- Early November offers a bit of a reprieve from the grind of this schedule, as a Nov. 7 date against Kansas and a Nov. 14 bye will give the OU ample time to prepare for the Nov. 21 Bedlam matchup. OU will also have 20 consecutive days without travel prior to the home game against OSU, which is also nice.