Oklahoma (16-8, 6-5) at Kansas (21-3, 10-1): 11 a.m. CT at Allen Fieldhouse (Lawrence, Kan.)
Commentary: Jason Benetti and Fran Fraschilla
Live Stream: WatchESPN
Radio: Sooner Radio Network (107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Tune In Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing
Line: Oklahoma -11.5 (as of 9:45 a.m. CT)
- Through Friday’s games, Kansas is No. 4 in the NCAA NET Rankings, which are used by the NCAA Selection Committee to select and seed the NCAA Tournament field. Additionally, the Jayhawks are actually No. 1 in Ken Pomeroy’s team efficiency rankings, sitting at No. 14 offensively and No. 1 defensively.
- The Jayhawks are led in scoring by Devon Dotson (17.9 PPG), who missed the first matchup against the Sooners in Norman. However, the straw that stirs the drink is senior center Udoka Azubuike, who leads the Big 12 in rebounds (9.6 RPG) and field goal percentage (.750) while ranking second in the conference in blocks (2.6 BPG).
- Since falling to Baylor at Allen Fieldhouse for the first time in history, KU has won nice consecutive games, including a Wednesday victory at No. 14 West Virginia.
- Allen Fieldhouse: The Sooners haven’t won at Kansas’ venerable home venue since 1993, which is pretty incredible when considering how many great teams (or even very good teams) Oklahoma has sent up to Lawrence during that span. OU’s closest call, of course came in 2016 when Buddy Hield and No. 2 Oklahoma took No. 1 Kansas to triple overtime.
- Manek still hot: In Oklahoma’s last eight games, junior Brady Manek has averaged 19.1 PPG while connecting on 54 percent of his field goal attempts and 47.5 percent of his three-point attempts. In Oklahoma’s 90-61 win over Iowa State, the Harrah native was 7/10 from the field a 4/5 from deep en route to an 18-point performance.
- Doolittle doing it again: After five consecutive games in which he failed to reach double figures, senior forward Kristian Doolittle has combined to score 47 in his last two games. On Wednesday, Doolittle led the Sooners in scoring with 20 points on 6/13 FG (7/8 FT) while also pulling in six rebounds and dishing out three assists. At the moment, Doolittle is one of only three major-conference players averaging at least 15 points, nine rebounds and two assists.
Kansas 78, Oklahoma 68