The Big 12 Championship game has arrived, and it couldn’t come soon enough. Both the Oklahoma Sooners and Iowa State Cyclone had the week off prior to this one, so the anticipation has just been eating away at these fans bases. This is true for the latter group in particular, as ISU’s fans have never seen a conference championship in their lifetimes. One of our counterparts over at Wide Right & Natty Lite likened their experience to Chicago Cubs fandom, but the Sooners are hoping to extend their drought for just a bit longer.
Head on down to the comments section to give us your thoughts on the game and everything else throughout the day!
Honestly, this has been my dream Big 12 Championship matchup for at least two decades. Anyone who has been to the Big 12 Tournament in Kansas City can attest to the fact that Iowa State fans are amongst the most loyal in college sports, and you best believe that they would’ve rolled deep down to DFW under normal circumstances. Alas, these are not normal circumstances, and the dream of OU and ISU fans combining their tailgating powers in the JerryWorld parking lot are dead. There’s always 2021!
Take it away, Toby.
Here we are... again.@LandersCDJROK Scene Setter ⤵️ pic.twitter.com/q9kFkmrKmh— Oklahoma Football (@OU_Football) December 19, 2020
Time & TV: Saturday, Dec. 19 at 11 a.m. CT on ABC
Location: AT&T Stadium — Arlington, Texas
Commentary: Sean McDonough, Todd Blackledge, Todd McShay and Allison Williams
Line: Oklahoma -6 (as of Saturday at 8 a.m. CT)
- Big 12 Championship Game Preview, Storylines and Predictions
- Lincoln Riley Week 15 Presser Notes
- C&C Machine All-Big 12 team and awards
- Why OU-ISU: Part Two is different than the first
- Wide Right Natty Lite Q&A with CCM’s Jack Shields
- WRNL’s Big 12 Championship Game Preview and Prediction
- Podcast: College football gambling picks trying not to suck (CCG Edition)
- OU vs. Iowa State: Big 12 Championship Q&A with Wide Right & Natty Lite
- Oklahoma Breakdown Podcast: Big 12 Championship and National Signing Day
Oklahoma 31, Iowa State 28