After suffering through a three-point barrage at Xavier, the Oklahoma Sooners are back home at the LNC to face the Florida A&M Rattlers. This will be the first of five consecutive games the Sooners will play in Norman.
Oklahoma Sooners (2-1, 1-0 Big 12) vs. Florida A&M Ratters (0-3, 0-0 MEAC): 4 p.m. CT at the Lloyd Noble Center
TV: FOX Sports Southwest
Commentary: Jessica Coody and Bryndon Manzer
Live Stream: FoxSportsGo
Radio: Sooner Radio Network (KRXO 107.7 FM “The Franchise” in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Tune In Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing
Line: Oklahoma -26.5 (as of 3 p.m. CT)
About Florida A&M
- The Rattlers were relatively competitive in losses at Florida Gulf Coast (65-56) and Georgia (85-75) before falling by 21 at Oregon earlier this week.
- Florida A&M is currently No. 311 in KenPom’s team efficiency ratings, sitting at No. 330 offensively and No. 247 defensively.
- FAMU is led in nearly every major statistical category by junior guard MJ Randolph, who is averaging 12.7 PPG, 6.7 RPG, 4.0 APG and 2.3 SPG.
- Coody on the call - Jessica Coody, who has served as a sideline reporter, correspondent and studio host for OU’s productions for quite some time, will be on play-by-play duties for today’s game. It is believed that this is the first time a woman has served in this role for an Oklahoma men’s basketball TV broadcast. It’s cool to see the hard work paying off for Jessica, who has done a fantastic job of telling the stories of OU athletes and coaches during her time in Norman.
- Perimeter defense - In the loss to Xavier, the Sooners allowed 19 threes — a school record for the Musketeers. Part of it can be chalked up to personnel, as the offseason departure of Jamal Bieniemy really hurt OU in the area of perimeter defense. On can also point to that fact that it was only OU’s third game of the season compared to Xavier’s seventh. At any rate, it’s something that assistant Jim Molinari can shore up, but it’s far and away OU’s biggest weakness at the moment.
- Potent trio - Brady Manek (20.0 points) and Austin Reaves (17.7) rank second and third respectively in the Big 12 in scoring. Additionally, sophomore guard De’Vion Harmon is averaging 15.3 PPG off the bench. The latter is as welcome a sight as any, as the highly-touted Harmon never really got rolling in his freshman campaign. In a limited sample size, he’s hitting nearly 60 percent of his shot while nailing 40 percent of his three point attempts this season.
Oklahoma 92, Florida A&M 63