Saturday’s home matchup features two of the top seniors in the Big 12 in @kristiandoolit1 and TCU’s Desmond Bane. @JessicaCoody breaks down OU’s showdown with the Frogs.— Oklahoma Basketball (@OU_MBBall) January 17, 2020
Full Preview: https://t.co/GNE0TLPugN pic.twitter.com/3WKf7SeiuQ
Oklahoma (11-5) vs. TCU (3-1): 1 p.m. CT at Lloyd Noble Center
TV/Live Stream: ESPN+ (This requires a subscription, which can be purchased here for $4.99/mo.)
Commentary: Mark Neely and Lance Blanks
Radio: Sooner Radio Network (107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Tune In Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing
Line: Oklahoma -3.5 (as of 11:20 a.m. CT)
- In its most recent outing, TCU fell to No. 12 West Virginia in Morgantown by a score of 81-49. Prior to that contest, the Horned Frogs earned wins over Iowa State (81-79, OT), Kansas State (59-57 in Manhattan) and Oklahoma State (52-40).
- The Horned Frogs are led in scoring by 6’6” senior Desmond Bane, who is averaging 16.9 PPG while connecting on 44 percent of his three-point attempts. Down low, TCU is bolstered by 6’11” sophomore center Kevin Samuel, who is averaging 10.5 PPG and a team-leading 8.6 RPG.
- TCU is currently No. 60 in the NCAA NET Rankings and No. 55 in KenPom’s adjusted efficiency rankings. Per KenPom, the Frogs are No. 130 in adjusted offensive efficiency and No. 29 in adjusted defensive efficiency.
- Early bracketology: ESPN’s Joe Lunardi has the Sooners as a No. 11 seed and playing in the play-in game. CBS’ Jerry Palm, on the other hand, has OU as a No. 7 seed entering Saturday’s games.
- Harmon’s role increases: After being replaced in the starting lineup by Alondes Williams, freshman PG De’Vion Harmon got his first start of Big 12 play against the Kansas Jayhawks and recorded 13 points and a couple of steals in 37 minutes of play.
- TCU looking for first win in Norman: OU is 12-0 all-time when hosting the Horned Frogs and has won the last four meetings overall. In two matchups last season, Kristian Doolittle scored 45 points on 17-of-23 shooting (.739) while pulling down 20 rebounds.
Oklahoma 78, TCU 72