Following a resounding win over the Texas Tech Red Raiders, the Oklahoma Sooners dropped one spot to No. 6 in this week’s SB Nation FanPulse Poll. Additionally, Alabama has supplanted Clemson as the No. 1 team in the national survey. Sixty-six of the NCAA team brands fan bases voted to create this week’s Top 25, and here’s what the data tells us:
Here’s how Oklahoma fans voted this week:
- Ohio State
- Notre Dame
- Penn State
- Boise State
- Texas A&M
- Michigan State
- Oklahoma State
A few things of note:
- While Oklahoma dropped a spot in the national poll due to Ohio State’s increased popularity as a national title contender, the Sooners actually climbed a spot in the survey of OU fans. Most fans (myself included), were encouraged by a lot of what they saw on Saturday, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.
- Ironically, OU fans appear to have played a small role in Ohio State’s national movement, as the Sooner faithful put tOSU at No. 2 in their poll. Honestly, as complete as the Buckeyes appear to be, that’s probably fair at this point. I’m not just pandering when I say that this fan base did a pretty good job with its ballots this time around.
- This is a small difference between the OU poll and the larger poll, but OU fans have Notre Dame ahead of Florida, which is how it should be.
- OU fans voted Oklahoma State into their top 25, which is likely a larger indication of Big 12 solidarity than it is any kind of good will between the in-state foes.
- Texas A&M is too damned high in both the national poll and the OU poll, which is my only gripe of the week.
If you haven’t already joined FanPulse, you can sign up here to participate in the weekly polls!