Happy Monday, friends and fans!
Baker Mayfield is a leader in all facets of the game. On the field, he leads his offense to success, and on the sideline, he instructs his fellow QB counterparts on how to properly show the fans some love and hype them up.
First off, it’s impossible to miss that new stache Mayfield is rocking. Even though it’s just a training camp thing, it totally fits his personality.
Facial hair admiration aside, I kind of feel for David Blough. I mean, how could he possibly be expected to match Baker’s energy? It’s all in good fun though. Just a little rookie razzing for the former Purdue Boilermaker.
If you enjoyed this content, make sure to look out for new episodes of ‘Building the Browns’ starting on Aug. 11, and streaming on YouTube.
Now onto this week’s Monday edition of Hot Links! Jalen Hurts’ teammates believe he has the pedigree to lead the Oklahoma Sooners all the way, Kyler Murray is interviewed about being the guy in Arizona, an Alabama LB enters the transfer portal for the second time and more!
- The Oklahoman’s Ryan Aber recently wrote about WR CeeDee Lamb and his budding connection with QB Jalen Hurts. The former Alabama star carries a wealth of experience and wisdom, and along with that he has his new teammates’ undivided attention.
- Speaking of Hurts, his career stats are relatively similar to Sam Ehlinger’s with the Texas Longhorns, but one statistic that they are vastly different in is their career win/loss records. Oklahoma’s QB by far and away prevails in that category.
- Now if this video doesn’t get you hyped up for Baker Mayfield SZN, I don’t know what will. Not only does he clearly have the respect of his Cleveland Browns teammates, he’s beginning to earn that same respect from his competitors.
- Kurt Warner caught up with Kyler Murray to talk about his past as a multi-sport athlete. From this interview, it’ apparent K1’s lifelong dream has been to play QB in the NFL. Great stuff from the reigning Heisman Trophy winner and first overall pick.
- Steve Smith Sr. linked up with Marquise Brown to reflect on his journey from being born prematurely to becoming a first round pick for the Baltimore Ravens. Hollywood is the coolest dude ever, man. I wish him nothing but the best.
- Former Oklahoma and second round pick for the Buffalo Bills OL Cody Ford is expected to begin the preseason as the penciled-in starter at right tackle. Throughout camp he’s impressed his coaches with his physical tenacity. Nice job, big bruiser!
- OU men’s gymnast Genki Suzuki (seen in the middle) was a member of Team USA at the Pan Am Games in Lima, Peru, where he represented both his Oklahoma Sooners as well as his country. He helped lead the U.S. to the silver medal, just behind Brazil with the gold. Boomer!
Around the Sports World
- It hasn’t been a great preseason for several receivers around the league. Over the weekend, Cincinnati Bengals WR A.J. Green suffered torn ligaments in his left ankle, and will reportedly be unavailable for up to two months.
An MRI revealed that Bengals’ WR A.J. Green has torn ligaments in his left ankle that is likely to sideline him six to eight weeks, source tells ESPN. Green is not expected to be ready for the regular-season opener at Seattle.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) July 28, 2019
- Alabama sophomore linebacker Eyabi Anoma has entered the NCAA Transfer Portal for the second time this offseason, but it looks as if this time is more legitimate considering he’s not currently enrolled in any courses for the upcoming fall semester.
- Cleveland Indians pitcher Trevor Bauer was upset during Sunday’s game against the Kansas City Royals, and in a moment of frustration he let his emotions get the best of him by chucking the ball out of the yard. Fortunately no fans were in the area, and he later apologized for his outburst.
- While Alex Rodriguez was calling a game, his wife, pop star entertainer Jennifer Lopez, snuck into the booth along with his daughters to surprise him for his birthday. Can I have a slice? Not from the edge though, please. Too much icing for me.
J-Lo snuck on set to surprise A-Rod with a birthday cake pic.twitter.com/sxay2Ygygs— ESPN (@espn) July 29, 2019
Stick to Sports!
- Kyle Geirsdorf, aka ‘Bugha’, won the Fortnite World Cup Battle Royale Championship and took home the prize of $3 million. Just think, at one point this guy was like everybody else who plays video games, and along comes Fortnite, the new worldwide sensation. He plays for a while, becomes really good, then wins a life-changing amount of cheddar. Follow your dreams, kids.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!