Hey everybody! How’s it going?
So last week Kyler Murray was officially measured at the NFL Combine, and he came in at just over 5’10”. Put it to bed, it’s over and done with, moving on, right? Apparently not, because an unnamed scout (big surprise there) thinks the former Oklahoma Sooners QB could have possibly inflated his height by some sort of means. Folks, we now have a “heightening” on our hands.
Unnamed scout suspects Kyler Murray of heightening at the Scouting Combine https://t.co/rGWNYirjMn— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) March 7, 2019
This seems like yet another smokescreen, but is anyone actually dumb enough to be fooled by this one? Ehh... probably.
By now, I’m honestly pretty amused by these anonymous takes that pop up out of nowhere, especially when they’re this ridiculous. I mean, I guess trying to grow taller overnight isn’t unprecedented. Bobby Brady tried to hang from a bar to let gravity do it’s work. I think he grew about half an inch that episode. On second thought, no he didn’t, and even if his did, it’s a damn sitcom.
Scouts don't miss on players, there's no way they missed on Kyler Murray's height— Steve Palazzolo (@PFF_Steve) March 6, 2019
Am I seriously reading someone trying to say @TheKylerMurray cheated on his measurement??? Cmon ppl this is getting ridiculous!!!— Kurt Warner (@kurt13warner) March 7, 2019
I hope Murray doesn’t re-measure at OU’s Pro Day, and not because he could possibly check in a lot shorter, but because I like to see these ridiculous tin foil hat people who always need a conspiracy to believe in have something to hold onto. Besides, they won’t be holding onto anything of worth in their line of work, so might as well throw them a bone.
Now for today’s Hot Links! Kyler Murray’s agent goes off, Lincoln Riley has a lot to gain if he has two No. 1 overall picks on his resume, LeBron passes MJ and more!
- When ESPN NFL Draft analyst Todd McShay watches Kyler Murray’s tape, he sees a player with off the charts instincts and a deep understanding of the game. None of that aligns with Charley Casserly’s report, so it only adds more questions to the source of his report.
Reacting to recent criticism of Kyler Murray. pic.twitter.com/vOSPOHNJrE— Todd McShay (@McShay13) March 7, 2019
- After the negative comments NFL Network analyst Charley Casserly reported against Kyler Murray made their rounds on the web, Murray’s agent Erik Burkhardt went completely off to defend his client. He held nothing back, and I’m here for it.
- The Tulsa World’s Guerin Emig wrote about Lincoln Riley and his response to the comments reported by Casserly. It’s a subject that’s close to home for Riley for two main reasons. One, because it’s his former player who he spent years with, and two, because this upcoming draft has the potential to take Oklahoma recruiting to the highest level.
- Last year’s spring game was a resounding success as far as recruiting impact goes, and Lincoln Riley wants this year’s event to be even more of a difference maker. The man never stops crootin’.
Lincoln Riley says this spring game will be even bigger in regards to recruiting than it was last year. More prospects coming and more activities planned.— SoonerScoop.com (@SoonerScoop) March 6, 2019
- In case you missed it, you can read more on the spring game plans and wishes, the QB battle, the players sidelined for the period and everything else Lincoln Riley discussed in his pre-spring press conference right here.
- Class of 2020 four-star offensive guard Akinola Ogunbiyi has decommitted from Texas A&M, and word on the recruiting trail says Oklahoma is his likely landing spot.
THANK YOU TEXAS A&M!!!!!— AKI ® (@AkinolaOgunbiyi) March 6, 2019
RECRUITMENT 100% OPEN pic.twitter.com/Gk2guTEzUY
- Quade Cummins, a redshirt junior on the Oklahoma men’s golf team, earned a spot on the U.S. Team in the upcoming Arnold Palmer Cup. Congratulations, Quade! Boomer!
Around the Sports World
- On Wednesday, LeBron James moved past Michael Jordan for fourth on the NBA’s all-time scoring list. Here’s that epic, historic moment. Also, ignore the hilariously lopsided scoreboard.
- Los Angeles Lakers point guard Rajon Rondo has sat far away from his teammates before, but Mark Jackson points out why it’s a bad look. I have to agree with him, too. C’mon, man! There are even people who aren’t with the team sitting in between them.
Mark Jackson rips Rajon Rondo and Lakers leadership during broadcast pic.twitter.com/iXTfOpBnml— gifdsports (@gifdsports) March 7, 2019
- Boston Red Sox pitcher Steven Wright has been suspended 80 games for testing positive for a PED.
- Neutral site games in college football can add a unique excitement to matchups, so what are the top 15 neutral site games coming up in the 2019 season?
- Which NFL prospects benched the most hippos at the NFL Combine? It might sound silly to you, but it’s super serious stuff. Hippos are no joke.
Stick to Sports!
- Today, March 7, is National Cereal Day. In your opinion, which cereal is the G.O.A.T., and which cereal is a hard pass? Here’s a top 10 of the all-time best, with some real classics like Fruity Pebbles and Rice Krispies making the list. For the longest time, Reese’s Puffs were my favorite, but I think if I could only go with one for the rest of my life, it’d be Frosted Flakes. Hey Tony! Also, Lucky Charms, you can kindly get out of my sight.
Not all cereals are created equally. Which do you like most? https://t.co/czHqy3fONR— PhillyVoice (@thephillyvoice) March 7, 2019
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!