With Big 12 play on the horizon, the Oklahoma Sooners will look to build a bit of positive momentum as they face the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros at the Lloyd Noble Center.
Oklahoma (8-3) vs. UT Rio Grande Valley (4-8): 6 p.m. CT at Lloyd Noble Center
Commentary: Chad McKee, Bryndon Manzer and Jessica Coody
Live Stream: FoxSportsGo
Radio: Sooner Radio Network (107.7 FM The Franchise in Oklahoma City; KTBZ 1430 AM in Tulsa; Tune In Radio App) with Toby Rowland and Kevin Henry announcing
Line: Oklahoma -19.5 (as of 5:30 p.m. CT)
- The Vaqueros are led by former Lon Kruger assistant Lew Hill, who was at OU from 2011-16. After going 10-22 during his first season, UTRGV went 15-18 in 2017-18 and 20-17 in 2018-19.
- UTRGV is currently No. 269 in KenPom’s efficiency ratings, sitting at No. 307 offensively and No. 168 defensively.
- In their most recent outing, the Vaqueros fell to Texas Tech by a score of 68-58 but actually held a 34-34 tie with the Red Raiders as late as the 13:56 mark in the second half.
- Kristian Doolittle is coming off his second Big 12 Player of the Week honor after leading the Sooners with averages of 16.5 points and 11.5 rebounds in games against Creighton and UCF. He’s also leading the Big 12 in December scoring with 20.8 points and 9.3 rebounds this month.
- Unfortunately, he’s out tonight:
Lon Kruger says in pregame radio interview that Kristian Doolittle will not play tonight. Sitting out 1 game for “conflict of team interests.” Kur Kuath will start in his place. @OU_MBBall— Toby Rowland (@TRowOU) December 30, 2019
- Oklahoma is one of only three major conference teams with two players averaging at least 16 points. Doolittle currently leads the team at 16.7 PPG, with Austin Reaves falling closely behind at 16.6.
Oklahoma 82, UTRGV 59