Happy Tuesday, friends and fans!
The one and only Eddie Radosevich broke the internet with this legendary question for Oklahoma Sooners QB Jalen Hurts on Monday.
Jalen Hurts was asked if he prefers winning over losing the week ¯\_(ツ)_/¯— ESPN (@espn) November 5, 2019
(via @Eddie_Rado) pic.twitter.com/wzWq3f3TH7
UPDATE: Sickening and saddening. The manhunt continues in Norman for the man that murdered journalism. My report: pic.twitter.com/TVpHyVBpqf— Eddie Radosevich (@Eddie_Rado) November 4, 2019
If you’re thinking to yourself, ‘good grief, what a dumb question!’, you might be an #olds. Otherwise, you’re someone with taste, and you realize that this is prime Eddie. Even Hurts knows the game, he’s just too buttoned-up to break character.
Sadly, there are droves of people across the world who cannot understand true art such a this, even when it’s staring them right in the face. That’s why it’s important to stay in school, kids. Recognize greatness when you see it, and appreciate the finer things in life.
This is what I’m talking about @AdamSchefter, there are definitely some stupid questions lol https://t.co/tiJkyDfQtp— Emmanuel Acho (@thEMANacho) November 5, 2019
Emmanuel, you’re what the French call “les incompétents”.
I guess it’s no surprise coming from a former UT football player.
Context is everything. pic.twitter.com/jXqtHinuub— Eddie Radosevich (@Eddie_Rado) November 5, 2019
Now onto today’s Hot Links! Jalen Hurts addressed the team on the plane ride back from Manhattan, Kevin wants Baker aka the next gen of Wet Bandit, The U’s Bubba Bolden is done for the year after a celebration mishap and more!
- Macaulay Culkin called out Baker Mayfield for looking like the long lost brother of the Wet Bandits from the Home Alone movies during his Sunday postgame presser. I’ll admit, Kevin seems prepared, but that shouldn’t surprise you.
I'm ready for you #BAKERMAYFIELD ... Come at me, bro. pic.twitter.com/rQG0TlozDm— Macaulay Culkin (@IncredibleCulk) November 5, 2019
Here are 22 things we think disheveled press conference Baker Mayfield looks likehttps://t.co/QjK4fVwpLe— SB Nation (@SBNation) November 4, 2019
- The college basketball regular season officially tips off tonight in Norman! Oklahoma hosts UTSA at 7 p.m. CT, and if you can’t make it to the LNC, you can stream it on SoonerSports.tv or listen live on TuneIn radio and the Sooner Sports Network. Boomer!
Let's get this season started. See you tonight. #YouBelongHere— Oklahoma Basketball (@OU_MBBall) November 5, 2019
⏰ 7 pm CT
Start at $10
- In case you missed it, on Monday it was announced that the NCAA has suspended senior forward Kristian Doolittle for tonight’s opener after he played in a summer league game without proper permission. Good grief that’s lame.
- Jalen Hurts was all about going 1-0 this week during his Monday press conference, and the team around him has adopted that same mentality. Even though the Sooners are on the outside looking in as far as the College Football Playoff is concerned, there is still hope that following a familiar formula can lead them back to the CFP in December. The Tulsa World’s Eric Bailey has more.
- The Norman Transcript’s Tyler Palmateer wrote about the details of a talk Hurts had with his Oklahoma teammates shortly after the loss to Kansas State. From the sounds of it, the guys are responding to his message, and their highest goal is still attainable.
- Speaking of Hurts, he fell two spots in this week’s Heisman Watch from No. 2 to No. 4. LSU’s Joe Burrow has a commanding lead at the top, and Ohio State DE Chase Young is deservedly up to No. 2.
- Oh, this? Nothing to see here. It’s just Bob Stoops and three rocking bottles of tequila. The game has changed with the XFL. Also, he’s not going to coach at Florida State. Just, nope.
@rocknrolltequila— Bob Stoops (@CoachBobStoops) November 5, 2019
I Only Roll With The Champs! pic.twitter.com/RENsxLrAN0
- Just in case you want something a little more concrete on the rumors, check out what Carey Murdock and Kirk Herbstreit heard from the man himself. I’d say that’s about as definitive as it gets without watching Stoops say so publicly.
Spoke w/ Bob Stoops this morning. He tells me the rumors/reports of him being a candidate for the Florida State job opening are not accurate. Says he was at the new Hard Rock Casino all day yesterday and at a Dan Marino Foundation party last night. Not interviewing for FSU job. https://t.co/Uwf7a4TCwQ— Carey Murdock (@CareyAMurdock) November 5, 2019
Just talked with Bob Stoops. Any reports that he’s a candidate for the FSU job are not accurate. Said “he’s not a candidate”. @CollegeGameDay @espn— Kirk Herbstreit (@KirkHerbstreit) November 5, 2019
Around the Sports World
- Looks like the usual suspects in college basketball are having the most money being wagered on them for the 2019-20 season. It’ll be interesting to see how many of these teams actually live up to the hype.
Teams that have attracted most money to win the college basketball national title @CaesarsPalace books:— David Payne Purdum (@DavidPurdum) November 5, 2019
1. Michigan State
7. North Carolinahttps://t.co/8U5YaIVCcK
- Atlanta Hawks starting big man John Collins has been suspended 25 games for violating the NBA’s Anti-Drug Policy. It’s more adversity for a team that has needed the ball to bounce its way quite a bit over the last season and change.
- Miami Hurricanes safety Bubba Bolden is out for the remainder of the 2019 season after suffering an ankle injury against Florida State. Apparently, the talented redshirt sophomore sustained the injury while celebrating an interception with his teammates. That’s rough.
- The New Orleans Pelicans were unable to come away with the road win in Brooklyn, but Brandon Ingram posted a career-high 40 points. This is especially significant because there have been doubts about his durability in his young NBA career, but if he’s able to stay on the court and ball out like this, NOLA could become truly special down the road.
.@B_Ingram13 had a career night pic.twitter.com/rO4K6LL3c0— New Orleans Pelicans (@PelicansNBA) November 5, 2019
Stick to Sports!
- With the Disney+ streaming service going live in a week, some of the most highly anticipated shows are finally starting production. One of its exclusive series will be Marvel’s ‘The Falcon and the Winter Soldier’, starring Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan. This will be one of at least four canonized projects that will directly branch from and towards the rest of the MCU going into Phase Four. These two have great chemistry, both on-screen and behind-the-scenes, and (in Borat’s voice) I am excite.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!