After an evening of nauseating and exciting football in Waco with the College Gameday crew making their appearance and picking Baylor, it’s fun to look back at the Sooner Magic that took place in the second half of the contest. What awaits you below the dividing line in this post are some of the best reactions of Baylor fans (chronologically via the message boards on SicEm365 & OurDailyBears) as they watched their Baylor Bears lose to Lincoln Riley and the Oklahoma Sooners. LET’S GET IT. (Note: Spelling errors are theirs, not ours)
- Just win Bears!
- That intro to College Gameday almost made me cry. Sic’em!!
- I’m hearing would-be prognosticators pick OU “as they’re always dominant”. Um-hmm.No one mentions that we fairly recently beat them 3 out of 4 seasons. I wonder why that is.
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott is in attendance wearing green and gold
- Charlie is so tough
- We have one starting offensive lineman who should be in the Southland Conference, not the Big 12.
- I like seeing Lamb without a helmet on
- That’s it! Attack them aggressively thru the air!
- 23, he gone.
- I think that is the most time Brewer has had in the pocket all year
- If this isn’t targeting, they need to rescind all 3 of Miller’s
- TD BEARS!!!!!!
- Crowd sounds great!
- Feels like 2013 BU vs OU
- Im so damn happy! What a freaking start!
- If I am dreaming, don’t wake me up! Loving this game so far!
- Wow! Turn over!
- We’re seeing what the coaches have been keeping in their back pocket all year.
- TD CB!
- Y’all, I know we were hoping for a win, but did you ever think it would start like this????!!!
- Ho Lee ****
- This night can’t get much better! Now an interception!
- Is this heaven???
- OU is prepared to kill Hurts for a touchdown.
- Hurts will be living up to his name after this game. We are blasting him every time he runs
- Oh so that was holding on us but not holding / PI on them??? OK Boomer refs.
- Real question is How long are Baylor fans going ***** about people bringing up the scandal. Everyone knows it’s going to come out during any Baylor broadcast it’s no surprise.
- If we can score 14 in the second half, we’re good to go.
- Wrong time for a defensive lapse.
- Bad D
- Hurts is good. What a play.
- Gotta answer and stall their momentum.
- We want...a touchdown Baylor! Hope we answer right back.
- Need a lovely 5-7 minute scoring drive here
- Oh no
- Oh boy...
- Hasty nooooooooi
- This is NOT what we needed.
- We need a stop or a turnover
- Holding on every dang pass play
- You’ve gotta make that tackle.
- There is a hold on literally every play.
- We’ve had 1 offensive play this half...
- Please let that fumble stand
- Eff you OU cheating OLine and refs. Can’t cheat enough to win this game.
- Tack on 15, folks!
- Let’s go for the jugular !
- 3 and out. Ugh. Gift by the defense should’ve been rewarded with some rest.
- Finally..a good punt..
- Nice punt!
- Hell of a punt
- I’m not of the opinion 31 is going to win it.
- Man, our D has to be gassed. They’ve been out there seemingly most of the night.
- We could really use a pick 6 right about now!!! Need to change the momentum here.
- Hurts is a different guy this half. He’s making throws now.
- They’re getting away with holding EVERY PASS
- I’ll say this for Hurts. He is one tough MF’er.
- Get there or quit blitzing.
- Another obvious hold
- This is ridiculous
- That was a pretty generous spot
- That’s a bad spot
- Another holding not called
- This is so embarrassing
- Jobbed by the refs again
- Crap. Gotta score here.
- Refs gift wrapping this for them
- We have been tackling great all night... They must be getting worn out since they played the whole second-half
- We have got to burn some clock and at least manage a field goal on this drive
- I’m glad the fans have stayed into the 4th quarter! Usually they got to beat the traffic
- I don’t want to hear another word about the missed call in the Tech game. We have been burned by 3 critical bad calls in this game, one of which led directly to a touchdown for them
- Must score
- Let’s go. We will score here.
- OU has dominated our ass this half.
- That Theo Weiss is going to be a menace to the big 12. He is shifty as heck.
- Everything going wrong...
- We are going to win!
- Can’t watch
- I knew I should have bought some beer
- We are not even close to losing this game yet guys. It’s MOJO time for us.
- I believe we’re gonna right this ship.
- Need a turnover in the worst way.
- Defense is totally gassed. Horrible 3rd and long there.
- Does the back judge know what holding is?
- Doing whatever they want now
- They aren’t even worried about getting stopped anymore
- 10 yard cushion results in 10 yard gain.
- We are so on our heels. Brewer better be ready to lead a touchdown drive
- Let Charlie throw the damn ball this drive.
- This sucks.
- Ok Charlie. You’ve done it before. Time to get it going again.
- No words
- Offense better get it in gear here or we are _____. Feel free to fill in the blank.
- Throw and a DPI. Throwing leads to positive yards? Who knew?!?!
- If we pull this off I’m giving you the thread game ball for your continued optimism
- Dilly Dilly!
- I hate negative yards on first down
- Nothing going right.
- Ball game. Our d can’t stop them.
- And we choke it away
- Here is the game.
- Roughing please
- That damn sure better be 15
- Of course they call running into ... such bs
- Well that blitz worked finally
- They are gonna March down field and kick a field goal.
- I fear this will come down to a FG by OU. I’ll gladly be wrong
- So disappointed
- Clock is our enemy.
- Heads up play by Hurts
- Collapse for the ages. All streaks over.
- We usually block 1 kick a game
- Please block.
- Freezing your own kicker? Bold strategy Cotton.
- I say this: We are going to win.
- Plenty of time left
- Got to be mentally tough here
- Mims baby
- Dam what happened two in a row
- OM gosh. Too close
- Wow. Almost throws one pick then actually throws one.
- This quality loss should move us into the top 10
- well ****. Beat Texas.
- We’re now part of 2 of the Top 10 worst choke jobs I’ve ever seen in college football. Good grief.
- It’s amazing what an offense can do when you can hold EVERY ****ING PLAY
- Offensive game plan for the final 30 was hoping OU wouldn’t adjust at all. Really hard to understand what the idea was.
- Hate to say it, but go frogs
- What the hell did the offensive coaches do at halftime? Were they’re taking photo ops with Chip and Joanna?
- Cannot blame the refs for this game. That’s a cop-out. The offense **** the brick.
- This one truly hurts but man, hats off to Roy, James Lynch, Bernard and Chris Miller. Those 4 in particular threw some vicious hits during this game.
- Penalties: BU 1 10 yards OU 7 67 yards
- Tale of two halves on Saturday night at McLane Stadium. It was a pleasant surprise watching the Baylor Bears explode for 31 points in the 1st half.
Some Social Media posts from Saturday’s Victory:
do you want to see your fixer upper baylor pic.twitter.com/Vl6tvg6jke— BUM CHILLUPS (@edsbs) November 17, 2019
Down by as much as 25.— Oklahoma Football (@OU_Football) November 17, 2019
Ok, Boomer! pic.twitter.com/5smrVf6bKI
Jalen Hurts and Lincoln Riley were fired up after the Sooners comeback pic.twitter.com/0n4c40MbxA— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 17, 2019
“The game can only be won in the 4th quarter” - Coach Grinch— Ronnie Perkins™ (@Legendary11_) November 17, 2019
If you’re up 28-3 against a great quarterback. You should be very afraid. @JalenHurts is the real deal. Pass up on him if you want and you will live to regret it.— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 17, 2019
No internet on my flight...just landed...Did Jalen Hurts put on a SuperMan cape in the 2nd half...wow— Joel Klatt (@joelklatt) November 17, 2019
Swear I’m Prada all my youngins https://t.co/ARO8oRsNet— CeeDee Lamb (@_CeeDeeThree) November 17, 2019
Lincoln Riley: "Well, that was fun. Where do I start?"— Tyler Palmateer (@Tpalmateer83) November 17, 2019
If I could take a pic of Grinch's loafers I would. They're sick.— Tyler Palmateer (@Tpalmateer83) November 17, 2019
Meanwhile, in Austin. pic.twitter.com/8j8P5pyIb8— Sooner Gridiron (@soonergridiron) November 17, 2019
Jalen Hurts Postgame Interview.— Sooner Gridiron (@soonergridiron) November 17, 2019
"I put us in a horrible situation and we found a way to come back. I love it."
"I think that shows heart of this team, the courage, the character that we have. The ability to overcome adversity."#OUDNA | #BoomerSooner pic.twitter.com/rD3ucHFois