Entering their matchup with the Texas Longhorns, the Oklahoma Sooners stayed at No. 6 in this week’s SB Nation FanPulse Poll. Sixty-six of the NCAA team brands fan bases voted to create this week’s Top 25, and here’s what the data tells us:
Here’s how Oklahoma fans voted this week:
- Ohio State
- Notre Dame
- Penn State
- Boise State
- Arizona State
- Wake Forest
- Texas A&M
A few things:
- It appears that some Oklahoma fans were level-headed enough to take some of the Kansas performance with a grain of salt, as the Sooners stayed put at No. 4 in their survey.
- Generally, OU fans were slightly more on top of things in comparison to the rest of the country, as they at least had the awareness to drop Oklahoma State out of the poll and include undefeated Baylor at No. 24.
- Guys... Texas is higher in the OU poll (No. 10) than it is in the national poll (No. 11). Perhaps this is evidence that surveyed OU fans are making an attempt at being objective, which is commendable.
- This is unrelated to the poll. but this week’s survey also included a ‘Most Anticipated Game’ category, and here are the national results:
- Oklahoma vs. Texas - 38.5%
- Florida vs. LSU - 32%
- Penn State vs. Iowa - 10.1%
- USC vs. Notre Dame - 8.3%
- FSU vs. Clemson - 5.1%
- Alabama vs. Texas A&M - 4.3%
- Bucknell vs. Colgate - 1.7%
I guess College GameDay should’ve picked Dallas.
f you haven’t already joined FanPulse, you can sign up here to participate in the weekly polls!