What’s up, Sooner fans? Now whether or not you’re caught up on all the episodes of #OUDNA, you absolutely need to check out this latest one. These give a brief, inside look into the program during fall camp, and this episode has some good footage.
First of all, I believe Trevor Knight can actually do literally hundreds dumbbell curls in one sitting. Dude’s a beast. Secondly, you get to hear from strength coach Bennie Wylie and see a little bit of “Lone Survivor” Marcus Luttrell’s presentation to the team.
Finally, to me, I loved watching the bit from the team trip to the bowling alley. You get to see so much more of the different personalities on the team, and O-linemen Bobby Evans and Jonathan Alvarez definitely stole the show at the end, talking about their back and ankle struggles. Totally unscripted, and total gold. I’m excited to see what the Oklahoma Sooners have in store for us in the next installment.
Now onto some Hot Links! Joe Mixon gives to the community, Theo Wease moves up the rankings, the whole town of Cleveland is about to crack open a free cold one and more!
- Don’t forget, the second episode of Hard Knock airs tonight on HBO. Check out this exclusive clip from Thursday night’s preseason game against the New York Giants.
- Chances are good there won’t be another player like Baker Mayfield in an Oklahoma uniform in the next 25 years, if ever. Great QBs are hard to come by in college football, and usually just as hard to replace. So how have programs turned the QB page in the past, and what’s working in the Sooners’ favor to keep its offensive momentum?
- The new Rivals100 rankings have been released, and both Spencer Rattler and Trejan Bridges are now five-star recruits. Rattler and Bridges join Theo Wease in the exclusive club.
- Joe Mixon hosted a back-to-school shopping spree for a group of teens in Cincinnati. It was a special opportunity for the kids, but Mixon says the experience was just as rewarding for himself.
It was a special morning for a group of teens who were surprised with a back-to-school shopping spree at Liberty Center.— Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals) August 14, 2018
Joe Mixon hosted the shopping spree, which included new shoes, hats, backpacks and gift cards for the teens.
: https://t.co/PBPjQtCdrF pic.twitter.com/16dKp7jUoN
- After a position shift and sitting out most of the spring to rehab an injury, Caleb Kelly is raring to go to finally make the impact on this team that many expected from the former five-star recruit.
- So what’s the latest on the state of Oklahoma’s offensive line? Several players are still competing for starting spots, but the depth across the board is as strong as it’s ever been.
- According to the latest Las Vegas Superbook College Football Playoff update, Oklahoma is tied with Auburn and Wisconsin for having the seventh-best odds to win the 2019 CFP title.
.@CFBPlayoff title odds via @LVSuperBook— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 13, 2018
Georgia, OhioSt 6/1
Auburn, OU, Wisconsin 20/1
Miami, MichSt, NDame, Texas 30/1
FSU, USC 40/1
Stanford, WVU 60/1
LSU, MissSt, VaTech 80/1
UF, Nebraska, Oregon, TCU, A&M 100/1
- Rivals is in the middle of updating its recruiting rankings, and five-star wide receiver commit Theo Wease Jr. is now rated as the No. 2 overall prospect in the nation. Wow.
Around the Sports World
- Carmelo Anthony is now with the Houston Rockets after one season with the Oklahoma City Thunder. Although it wasn’t an ideal fit, Anthony wrote a letter addressed to the OKC fans to let them know how much he appreciated their love and support.
- So if (when) the Cleveland Browns win a game this season, the organization has partnered up with Bud Light to give out free beer through these ‘Victory Fridges’ placed all around the city. I hope everybody plays by the rules, but I won’t be surprised if somebody ruins all the fun.
- Speaking of Cleveland, Indians outfielder Leonys Martin is currently battling a life-threatening bacterial infection, and a recovery timetable figures to be measured in weeks, not days. Get well soon, Leonys.
- The Miami Dolphins waived defensive lineman Gabe Wright after cheap-shotting starting running back Kenyan Drake following a fight that broke out during practice.
- If you or somebody you know is at least 6’4” and will be 75 years old by the end of next year, and they can play basketball, please contact this man so he can add a big man to his 3-on-3 senior basketball team. This is a totally serious thing.
- Speaking of elderly gentlemen playing ball, this has to be one of the oldest tricks in the book, and it should never work against someone older than five years old. That is, unless you’re just a magician on the court like this guy.
Stick to Sports!
- When most think of Scotland, they usually think of the grand castles, the iconic kilts, the bellowing bagpipes, and last but not least, the scotch. But over the last century, nearly half of Scotland’s distilleries have either been destroyed or abandoned. Today, there are whiskey makers who have a plan to revamp the old way, and it all starts with reviving the forgotten distilleries.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!