How’s it going, friends and fans? Whether you follow recruiting closely or not, I highly recommend you give this video a watch. FloFootball put together this excellent feature on Theo Wease Jr., Oklahoma’s five-star wide receiver commit. Wease has been mature and calculated throughout the recruiting process, all while remaining humble and hungry.
Just from listening to what his mother and high school coach had to say, you can tell he’s more than just a good football player. These are the kinds of people that can define a program, and now I’m even more pumped about the possibility of watching Wease don that Crimson & Cream.
Now onto today’s Hot Links! Trae Young led Atlanta to another summer league victory, De’Vion Harmon earned a fifth star, a nine year-old challenged Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt to beat Alabama and more!
- Is it just me, or is Trae Young catching on quicker than all the experts thought? Sooner fans already know it, but this kid is quite effective when he has a bit of help, and he’s going to make a lot of Atlanta Hawks fans happy with these kinds of performances.
- Allen Kenney of Blatant Homerism caught up with The Athletic’s Ted Nguyen to discuss all things Kyler Murray. You can check out the podcast right here.
- Check out the latest CBS Sports Podcast, where Barton Simmons and Chip Patterson talked about Oklahoma QB commit Spencer Rattler at ‘The Opening’ and how Lincoln Riley is setting the Sooners up for more playoff runs with his emphasis on the recruiting trail.
- In related recruiting news, Pistols Firing Blog’s Kyle Boone wrote about what makes Lincoln such a great recruiter, and how his momentum strategy could factor into landing Dax Hill, the Sooner State’s top overall prospect.
- Bovada has revealed the odds for winning the Big 12 Championship, and Oklahoma leads the way with Texas right behind. A rematch of the Red River Showdown sure would be epic.
Big 12 championship odds via Bovada:— Kevin McGuire (@KevinOnCFB) July 12, 2018
Oklahoma St 8/1
Iowa State 25/1
Kansas St 30/1
Texas Tech 40/1
- Now that OU and Air Jordan are an official pair, Oklahoma Basketball is going to have one of the best shoe games on the court this season. Check out the freshness that just came in. Marvelous.
- Speaking of Sooner Basketball, according to 247Sports, point guard commit De’Vion Harmon is now a five-star recruit. It should be noted that this is 247Sports’ own rankings and not their composite list. Still, congratulations on earning your fifth star, De’Vion!
- Four-star defensive end Marcus Stripling out of Houston has all five of his official visits planned out, but most believe it’s going to come down to the Oklahoma Sooners and Texas A&M Aggies. One thing the Sooners have going for them? Stripling likes OU’s DNA, per Bob Przybylo of SoonerScoop.
- Right-handed pitcher Shannon Saile is now an Oklahoma Sooner after transferring from Florida International. Welcome to Norman, Shannon!
Around the Sports World
- When Croatia defeated England to advance to the World Cup Final, the Croatian players piled on top of nearby camera persons in celebration, and these close-up snapshots perfectly encapsulate the wave of emotions.
- YouTubeTV received some serious backlash from outraged fans when the streaming service temporarily shut down, causing viewers to miss much of the epic semifinal match.
- Is this the best buzzer beater of the year? I’m not sure about that, but I do know that this is one of the most improbable ones I’ve ever seen. He basically pushed the ball with his fingertips. Incredible stuff.
- A LeBron James mural in LA was painted over by the original artist after it was vandalized multiple times. C’mon, people. Really? This upsets me, honestly.
- This is so hilarious and so sad at the same time. C’mon, Coach Pruitt, beat your former boss and let this little girl have a new dog pal!
Stick to Sports!
- If you’re a fan of any television show or actor, you should check out the list of Emmy nominations, which have just been announced. The 2018 Emmy Awards will air live on September 17th on NBC. SNL’s Michael Che and Colin Jost are co-hosting the ceremony.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!