What’s up, friends and fans?
2018 NBA free agency season is approaching fast, and several big name players will be available on the market, including the one and only LeBron James. So where will he go? No one knows for sure, but many teams will be courting the King’s services until he signs that dotted line somewhere. Even Trae Young is throwing his Atlanta Hawks hat in the mix.
What’s up LeBron!? Come to the A and let’s get these Rings Fam— Trae Young (@TheTraeYoung) June 27, 2018
Unless he’s a visitor, I obviously do not foresee LeBron lacing up his sneakers in ATL any time soon, but you can’t knock Young for trying. It’s 2018, people, shoot your shot!
Now onto today’s Hot Links! Baker Mayfield’s Browns jersey is selling like hot cakes, Ryan Broyles has been smart with his money, Paul George is a free agent and more!
- Here at Oklahoma, student-athletes strive for excellence on and off the playing surface. Putting in work in the classroom speaks to the level of dedication these young people have. Boomer!
- Baker Mayfield’s Cleveland Browns jersey ranked 10th on the latest Dick’s Sporting Goods’ Jersey Report, putting his jersey ahead of Andrew Luck’s, Russell Wilson’s and Aaron Rodgers’.
- Strength coach Bennie Wylie is back at it again, this time with wide receiver CeeDee Lamb. Lamb had a monstrous true freshman season in 2017, and from the looks of it he plans to take it to another level this year.
- Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma’s all-time leader in receptions, saw his NFL career with the Detroit Lions derailed after struggling with injuries. Even while Broyles was rehabbing his body and chasing his dream of playing in the league, he was living on a budget most pro players couldn’t imagine. Today, he’s the owner of a real estate company that includes 40 properties, and he’s just getting started.
- Class of 2019 five-star safety Dax Hill out of Tulsa Washington has been around the country taking visits to some of the top programs, but he hasn’t taken a visit to the in-state Sooners in quite some time. Will Oklahoma miss out on an elite in-state safety in consecutive years?
- Don’t forget to check out RJ’s thoughts on why Lincoln Riley and Oklahoma could be poised for a monster month of recruiting in July, a month that typically doesn’t produce a ton of noise on the recruiting trail due to the dead period taking up a good chunk of time.
Around the Sports World
- After declining his player option to play out his final contract year with the Oklahoma City Thunder, Paul George is now a free agent. This doesn’t really mean anything as far as his decision is concerned, as this was an expected move in an effort to earn a bit more money wherever he happens to play.
- Oklahoma State AD Mike Holder has come forward to say he regrets comments he made about Mike Gundy’s recruiting strategy and OSU’s recruiting rankings.
- The Oregon State Beavers came back against the Arkansas Razorbacks in Game 2 of the College World Series to force a winner-take-all Game 3, and the fashion in which it happened could haunt the Hogs forever if they don’t win tonight.
- If you’ve been trying to keep up with all the LeBron James free agency rumors, then your one-stop-shop for all the talk and rumblings is right here.
- Speaking of free agency, which NBA teams have enough cap space to make a splash signing? Also, which organizations will be looking at a huge luxury tax infraction?
- Tom Brady is the NFL’s 11th highest paid quarterback. I mean, I know he gets a ton of money through his endorsement deals too, but something about 10 other league QBs cashing in larger checks just doesn’t seem right.
- After watching college football religiously for the past decade and then some, a pattern has definitely emerged when it comes to the day of the week a game is scheduled for and the time of day (or night) it kicks off.
- There have been a lot of fictional football teams over the years in movies and TV shows, but what would a power ranking of those teams look like? SB Nation’s Alex Kirshner has you covered.
Stick to Sports!
- The Brazilian government has prohibited anyone from visiting Ilha da Queimada Grande, an island 25 miles off the southeastern coast of Brazil, because of its over-abundance of venomous snakes. One of those species of snakes, the golden lancehead, is one of the most venomous snakes in the world. So basically I can’t go to this place because I could potentially bite the dust with every potential step? Yeah, I’m good.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!