How’s it going, friends and fans? Do you like Baker Mayfield? Do you like quirky novelty items such as bobbleheads? If you said yes to either of those questions, then I’ve got some fantastic news for you! The National Bobblehead Hall of Fame and Museum is selling a Baker Mayfield Draft Day bobblehead. I won’t be surprised to see this sell out at light speed, but try to purchase one for yourself if you can. He is the G.O.A.T. after all.
Now check out what’s in store for you in the Hot Links below. Oklahoma Basketball will clash against Notre Dame in the Big Apple this December, the get-in price for the Sooners’ Super Regional ticket costs more than the football season opener’s, James Harden posterizes Draymond Green and more!
- Oklahoma and Notre Dame will meet again, this time on the hardwood of Madison Square Garden as part of the 2018 Jimmie V Classic. Sign me up for more Sooners and Fighting Irish sports battles.
- With the draft less than a month away, Trae Young is starting to live the luxurious life as a budding NBA player. Lon Kruger is also making a bit of a transition. Kruger is getting back to his roots, and back to what makes his system work.
- It’s actually more expensive to check out the Sooner Softball team this weekend than it will be to watch the football season opener against Florida Atlantic. That’s just all kinds of awesome.
- Congratulations to Oklahoma’s Jocelyn Alo for being named one of three finalists for the 2018 NFCA Freshman of the Year! Alo leads the nation in home runs with 26.
- Oklahoma’s softball team is good at a lot of things, including celebrating home runs and wins. It might seem odd at first, but the Sooners even celebrate sacrifice plays. On Patty Gasso’s squad, it’s all about the little things.
- How Lincoln Riley adapts to life without Baker Mayfield is one of the top storylines leading into the upcoming college football season.
- Athlon Sports released its preseason rankings for the All-Big 12 selections, and five Oklahoma Sooners made the first team. Check them out!
- Parnell Motley will find himself as the veteran in the secondary this fall. Motley has always had the trash-talking role down, but now he’ll need to lead by example as well.
- ESPN’s Jake Trotter says the strength of this Oklahoma team is at the running back position. Tough to argue with that. Rodney Anderson and Trey Sermon form a formidable duo, and there are other talented backs waiting in the wings.
- John Shinn has an update on the timeline as well as the dimensions for the football stadium’s new north side video board.
Around the Sports World
- The Houston Rockets defeated the Golden State Warriors to tie the series at two games apiece, and one of the highlights from last night’s game was this complete annihilation of Draymond Green. James Harden, you win all the points, my dude.
- Staying with the Rockets, Houston owner Tilman Fertitta is providing Game 5 tickets to the affected families of the recent Santa Fe High School shooting.
- The Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl is relocating to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers stadium. So you’re telling me we’re going to see a pirate ship and lawnmowers surrounding a college football bowl game? What the heck, okay.
- ESPN and the UFC have reached an agreement to a five-year deal beginning in 2019. The UFC formerly had a deal with FOX, but now the growing sport is making the switch to the other mega sports network.
- At The Races presenter Hayley Moore had enough of this loose horse running laps, so she took matters in her own hands and caught the steed herself. The video is actually pretty incredible.
Take a bow, At The Races presenter Hayley Moorepic.twitter.com/hEIlV7Ejp1— Francis Keogh (@HonestFrank) May 22, 2018
Stick to Sports!
- Gracenote, a Nielsen-owned media data specialist, is using artificial intelligence to better identify and group music based on its style rather than simply the artist. The plan is to create more playlists that have less outliers, since some artists go through stages where they sound completely different from themselves. I think this is a great idea, and the AI technology of today makes it possible.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!