It almost feels like the football season ended just yesterday, but news about the Red and White game has just been released! The date for the annual Spring Game has been announced for Saturday, April 14th at 1:00 p.m. Stay tuned for more details and information.
The Oklahoma Sooners play Texas on the diamond that day at 2 p.m., but I think it goes without saying that Kyler Murray will instead play in the spring game, just as he did last season.
In today’s edition of Hot Links, Baker Mayfield hasn’t decided on if he’s playing in the Senior Bowl, Du'Vonta Lampkin works out with Mini-Me, ECU’s Damon Magazu joins the Sooner staff and more!
- Baker Mayfield has yet to decide if he will play in the Senior Bowl. Mayfield has been practicing with the North Team for the past few days.
Baker Mayfield says he hasn’t decided if he’s playing in the Senior Bowl game. pic.twitter.com/lMNXw6zjCb— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 24, 2018
- Du’Vonta Lampkin hits the gym with Verne Troyer. You may recognize Troyer as ‘Mini-Me’ from the Austin Powers franchise. Great stuff!
- ESPN’s Jay Bilas thinks Trae Young is the nation’s most unguardable player, but Young isn’t Bilas’ leading candidate his personal Wooden Award list.
- I see you, Gerald McCoy! Being voted as a Pro-Bowl team captain is a pretty big deal. Boomer!
- Former East Carolina defensive back and graduate assistant Damon Magazu is joining the Oklahoma staff in the same capacity. Welcome aboard, Damon!
Around the Sports World
- So a Kansas Jayhawks fan reportedly showed up to a KU athletic dorm, uninvited, in an attempt to advise the team (or perhaps one player in particular) with some free throw shooting pointers. The police were called, but the man left before the authorities arrived.
- First Big Ten win of the season? Dance!
- After Paul George was left off the NBA All-Star West team, his OKC Thunder teammate Russell Westbrook stood up for him. Now George says his decision to stay in OKC after this season has become clearer.
- Is the XFL making a comeback?
Vince McMahon is making a 'major sports announcement' later today https://t.co/YqKY7QfOHc— SB Nation (@SBNation) January 25, 2018
- A man has placed a multi million-dollar bet on the Philadelphia Eagles to beat the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl. I’d hate to have to watch the game with him if it starts going south for Philly.
Stick to Sports!
- Still don’t understand net neutrality? Burger King is here to tell you what it means with burgers.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!