It’s finally here, Sooner fans! It’s the rematch we’ve all been waiting for. Oklahoma is in Columbus tonight taking on The Ohio State Buckeyes. We’ve got Lincoln vs. Urban, Baker vs. Barrett, Big 12 vs. Big Ten, and many more highly anticipated storylines. The folks at Sooner Sports put together this Scene Setter video that’ll get your mind right if you’re not already in game mode, so have at it!
And before you glue yourself to your seat for what should be a wild ride, check out some links that are sure to get you pumped up! Today we’ve got a pre-game speech that’ll have you ready to win (not just compete), the College Game Day crew is in Columbus, so you know the Buckeyes are bringing their best signs to the forefront, and former OU kicker Uwe von Schamann is strangely beloved in Ohio.
Onto the Hot Links!
- Our friends over at Land-Grant Holy Land kept track of the best (and sometimes worst) signs from College GameDay this morning. Some will make so laugh, some might make you mad, but definitely more of the former.
- No surprise here, the entire Game Day crew picked the Buckeyes over the Sooners. This little nugget is interesting, however:
ESPN's Lee Corso has picked against #Sooners 15 times, the most he has picked against any school.— Eric Bailey (@EricBaileyTW) September 6, 2017
OU is 11-4 when Corso picks against them
- Game Day signs: one of the many reasons why I love college football. Admittedly, I laughed at this one.
- A fan called into a Sooners radio show and delivered a pre-game speech for the team. If you aren’t ready to run through a wall after this, call your doctor.
One of our listeners, Sean, called in this morning and gave a pre game speech to the Sooners. Check it out, it's worth your time. pic.twitter.com/nh3jBTnSQg— Tyler McComas (@Tyler_McComas) September 8, 2017
- In 1977, Oklahoma defeated Ohio State in Columbus and ‘The Kick’ was born. 40 years later, former OU kicker Uwe von Schamann is a welcomed man in Columbus. This is the kind of respect that makes sports so fun to follow.
- This was really cool to see, and I would not be surprised if the Purdue offensive staff actually adopted this after seeing Oklahoma pull it off against Iowa State two years ago.
- For all you Dallas Cowboys fans, turns out RB Ezekiel Elliot will not be suspended . . . or at least not right now. Interesting developments happening down south.
- After one week of college football, Lamar Jackson has the best odds to win the Heisman Trophy according to Bovada. Baker Mayfield is currently third on this list.
- If you’re having any withdrawals during the NBA offseason, the Oklahoma City Thunder’s MVP point guard Russell Westbrook will be on ‘The Tonight Show’ with Jimmy Fallon this Monday. You can be sure this’ll be worth the watch.
- With all the recent college football cancellations due to Hurricanes Harvey and Irma, this article explains how the teams involved reach this decision. It’s an unfortunate occurrence, but safety has to take priority over football.
‘Stick to Sports!’:
- There was a two-headed rattlesnake found in Arkansas. I don’t have a phobia of snakes, but that’s the kind of stuff nightmares are made out of. Watch where you step, folks!
- The new horror on the block, ‘It’, is killing it at the box office this weekend to the tune of approximately $100 million.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!