Happy Thursday, my friends! The NFL season kicks off tonight, so don’t forget your fantasy lineups!
This weekend, as we know, one of the most anticipated games of the season will kick off - the Oklahoma Sooners and the Ohio State Buckeyes. A game for the ages, one that’ll be remembered for years, and...maybe the future CFP Final? Baker Mayfield thinks so.
Baker was able to sit down with ESPN’s College GameDay and said exactly what you’d expect Baker to say:
It's gonna be a good one. pic.twitter.com/1j4Qt5Mzg5— College GameDay (@CollegeGameDay) September 6, 2017
"If you want a sneak peek of who's going to be playing for a national title, I'd say you want to tune in to this one,” said Baker. I love this. I love this so much.
With OU streaking (they’re on an 11-game win streak, their last loss coming to Ohio State) and more ready than they’ve ever been, this game is going to be historic for Baker Mayfield and a huge one for both teams’ championship bid.
- The Buckeyes and their fans should be very worried about the threat posed by uber-athletic tight end Mark Andrews, who put on a show last weekend against UTEP. Bill Connelly breaks down the matchup between Andrews and the Ohio State defense.
- The Sooners secondary is going through game film to make adjustments for this weekend, and their using their last season match-up to do so.
- The mastermind behind the Sooners’ D-Line has quite a different game day persona to what his players are used to, but how do they adjust to the normally talkative coach who’s silent on gameday?
- I might be biased for having this opinion, but this Saturday’s Oklahoma vs. Ohio State game might be one of the best we’ve seen in a while. Is it too early to call it ‘The Battle For The Heisman”?
- While at Texas Tech, Lincoln Riley learned how to be a head coach long before his arrival in Norman. You can read about how his preparation years ago has led to him being ready to take the position head on here.
- Oklahoma linebacker Emmanuel Beal is making a return to his hometown of Columbus, so you better believe this one means a lot to him.
- Bill Connelly is back at it again with his weekly CFB predictions, aaaaaaand the only one we care about is looking good.
- University of Connecticut football isn’t all that good, but man is their old logo fantastic. Commence the memeing.
- Hurricane Irma isn’t the only natural disaster one the minds of Americans this week, as wildfires are still blazing across Montana and surrounding states. Here’s how the fires could potentially impact college football this week.
- Cam Newton’s brother is shining at Howard University, so naturally Cam is making jokes about it.
- Looking for a good podcast about college football. The Solid Verbal has some predictions for this week, some of which will undoubtedly be bad.
‘Stick To Sports!’
- Pharma-bro and often controversial figure Martin Shkreli has put up his alleged unreleased Wu-Tang Clan album on EBay for sale. If anyone has $2 million to throw around, then this might be for you.
- Television show ‘The Bachelor’ has announced the new Bachelor - and people are on the fence about it.