Happy Sunday, Sooner Nation! Fresh off a UTEP rout, the Sooners will be rolling into the lion’s den with a game against Ohio State. As expected, the game will play host to ESPN’s College GameDay.
Get ready, Columbus.— College GameDay (@CollegeGameDay) September 3, 2017
We're coming your way for Oklahoma-Ohio State! pic.twitter.com/5CWb0V9JJG
OU will look to avenge its 45-24 loss from early last season and have the opportunity to build their playoff resume in a big way. Overall, the game will be the one that all self-respecting college football fans will be tuning in to watch.
- In case you missed the game yesterday, Oklahoma began the season on the right foot - routing the UTEP Miners 56-7. OU was slow to start, but once they got going, the were tough to stop.
- Jeff Badet impressed in his first game with the Crimson & Cream, which is fantastic news among an inexperienced group of receivers.
- Baker Mayfield started his Heisman campaign off with an impressive first half. It was all he needed to prove his worth for the day.
- I think we can all agree with the fact that Baker Mayfield is a magical person and needs to stay at OU forever.
- As we thought earlier in the year, the Sooners spread the wealth when it came to who was carrying the ball. Abdul Adams, Marcelias Sutton, Rodney Anderson, Trey Sermon, and Dimitri Flowers all saw touches and all looked great.
- At Saturday’s OU/UTEP game, the score of the Texas/Maryland game was announced and the response was exactly what you would think.
- Malek Young was stuntin’ on the sidelines after making a turnover, and it officially confirms that college football is back:
- Legally blind Jake Olson successfully executed an extra point as the longsnapper in USC’s 49-31 win over Western Michigan yesterday, and it was absolutely awesome.
- Baylor lost to Liberty University. I really don’t know what else to add to this, but here’s a good summary of what should be said. How’s that crow tasting, Joey Galloway?
- A 1,000 yard rusher ran though the line uncontested and blocked a punt for, you guessed it, Alabama. The team can do everything.
- Coach O is quite the personality, as we’ve seen. So during Saturday’s LSU game against BYU, the broadcast booth started impersonating him.
“STICK TO SPORTS!”
- Apparently Leonardo DiCaprio is in the mix for the next Joker, soooooooo that’s pretty exciting news.
- Queens Of The Stone Age dropped a new album ‘Villains’, and if you’re into that kind of music, you’re going to want to check their new stuff out.
- Chris Evans seeing his dog for the first time in 10 weeks, and it’s a day-maker: