- With no game this weekend, take some time examining the win at Baylor and what it means for OU going forward.
- The Sooners are getting some well-earned rest, but that doesn’t mean they’re not doing anything this week. Check out this short clip detailing what the week has looked like.
- Get to know true freshman and star receiver CeeDee Lamb, who sat down with NewsOK this week for a brief Q&A to discuss healthy adversity vs. Baylor, blocking for OU’s running backs and his goal of making a mark on college football.
- It’s always exciting when a new OU player steps up and takes charge, and Trey Sermon is doing just that so far this season. This profile on him discusses how and why he fits so well on the Sooners.
- Heisman polling currently has Baker Mayfield second behind Penn State’s Barkley, which is fair enough. But PFF’s early pre-draft rankings have Mayfield as the most enticing quarterback in college football at the moment with a grade of 92.9. He’s not only ahead of stars like Darnold and Jackson, but he’s also the only QB in the 90s.
- If you’re planning on watching UT vs. ISU tonight, the Cyclones will be sporting brand new helmets. What do you think?
Iowa State will wear these sweet Cyclone helmets tonight vs. Texas pic.twitter.com/lKue2Qc5cr— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) September 28, 2017
- There’s a lot of non-Sooner football this weekend and here’s the predictions for each of those games. For me, the most exciting one is probably Oklahoma State at Texas Tech, which should be an absolute shootout. The Cowboys are coming off the big loss to TCU so they’ll likely be fired up, but Kingsbury’s squad is always extremely savvy on offense and are just coming off an upset win against Houston.
- ESPN’s released a way-too-early bowl prediction, as well, which is always fun. The playoffs currently have OU playing either Bama or Clemson in the first round, with USC as the fourth team, which is kind of a hot take considering how sloppily they’ve played as of late.
- Also, it’s been a pretty wild NFL season so far and a lot of the preseason favorites are struggling, which is making room for some unexpected contenders, like the Chiefs. Speaking of the NFL, Sam Bradford is struggling to get back on the field after his stellar week 1 performance. We wish him a speedy recovery.
- Where does the new OKC Thunder “superteam” stack up against others like the Rockets, Warriors and Cavs? Tough to really know in advance, but regardless it’s shaping up to be one of the most dramatic NBA seasons ever.
“Stick to Sports”
- Someone created a video game that utilizes 1930s animation. I have to have it.