- Sooners have the second most impressive body of work among 4-0 teams according to ESPN’s Heather Dinich. TCU came in fourth on Dinich’s list.
- Mel Kiper thinks Baker Mayfield could be an NFL starter. People have discounted Baker as an NFL prospect primarily because of his size, but Kiper isn’t ready to count him out just yet.
- Here’s a pretty good breakdown of the 99-yard Abdul Adams touchdown run. Was it better than Damien Williams’ 95-yarder against Texas in 2012? Sounds like a good idea for a Twitter poll...
- OU coaching staff will hit the recruiting trail during the bye week. Several coaches will be in attendance for Friday night’s game between Owasso and Tulsa Union. Lincoln Riley already has commitments from two Union players but has his eyes set on several other players in this game.
- OU women’s golf takes sixth in Schooner Fall Classic. The Sooners are currently ranked No. 10 in the nation.
- An FBI investigation has led to charges for four college basketball assistant coaches in a corruption scheme. The U.S. Attorney’s office issued charges against Oklahoma State’s Lamont Evans, Auburn’s Chuck Person, Arizona’s Emmanuel “Book” Richardson and USC’s Tony Bland early Tuesday morning. The list of charges includes conspiracy to commit honest services fraud, wire fraud conspiracy and travel act conspiracy.
- Nine Florida Gators players have been accused of committing over $15,000 in credit card fraud. Wide receiver Antonio Callaway and running back Jordan Scarlett, who have both been suspended for Florida’s first three games this season, were among the nine players charged.
- Maryland is down to its fourth-string quarterback following the announcement that Kasim Hill will miss the rest of the season with a torn ACL. The Terps have lost five quarterbacks to torn ACLs in the last six years.
‘Stick to Sports!’
The greatest show of all-time, Friday Night Lights, will no longer be available on Netflix come October 1. I’ve watched the series all the way through multiple times, and this news struck me to my core. It feels like the last few weeks of college when you know your time with your friends is coming to an end. Sure, you can still see eachother, but you’ll have to work a lot harder to make it happen. Be sure you make the most of the next five days before your Netflix subscription becomes significantly less valuable.
Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can’t lose.