Today marks the finale of the first third of the regular season as the Oklahoma Sooners travel south to Waco to face the winless Baylor Bears. There’s a new Scene Setter for the matchup tonight brought to you by SoonerSports, so watch it and get hyped! Also, College GameDay was in New York today, so before you watch the Sooners open up conference play, check out these signs from some fans in the Big Apple:
- After visiting New York myself last Thanksgiving, I can personally attest to the difficulty of getting these tickets. Man, that’s harsh.
Those are really hard to get pic.twitter.com/I2FSvtXQro— College GameDay (@CollegeGameDay) September 23, 2017
- Oh look, just another “pretender”:
As far as what we’ve got in store for you today, Baker Mayfield shares his thoughts on road games, OU found its swagger in Waco two years ago, and true freshmen continue to produce at a high clip. Read about all that and more in our Hot Links!:
- Follow the C&C Game Thread for the Baylor game here.
- Our leader has spoken.
- In 2015, Baker Mayfield’s first season as the Oklahoma starter, the Sooners gained an edge that they’d carry with them for years to come. Where’d they find this edge? Some say they found it in Waco.
- It’s been widely discussed how true freshmen have played significant roles for the Sooners so far in 2017. Starting Mike linebacker Kenneth Murray is just one of the talented young pups to be an impact player, and he attributes much of his success to his preparation.
- The last time Oklahoma visited Baylor, the Bears had never lost a game in their new stadium on the Brazos River. Read about that and more in these storylines to follow during tonight’s game against Baylor.
- And here are three more storylines to keep track of over the course of the season, starting tonight in Waco.
- The Rutgers Scarlet Knights have been put on probation for “failing to monitor football its program.”
- In sports, many fans tend to overreact or exaggerate in epic fashion. If you’re a fan of the NFL, you’ve probably done something along these lines at least once in your life. Here are some current misconceptions about each team in the league.
- Did you know that the last time Kentucky defeated Florida in football was also when the first Legend of Zelda game was released? Yeah, you could say it’s been a while. Check out what else was happening the last time the Wildcats topped the Gators.
- Boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s house is living large to the extreme, to no surprise. He practically has his own movie theater, complete with its own sweet shop. Money.
New York has agreed to a deal to send Carmelo Anthony to OKC for Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott and a draft pick, league sources tell ESPN.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) September 23, 2017
‘Stick to Sports!’:
- In wake of this year’s intense hurricane season, scientists have been able to test new instruments that could help predict the path and severity of future storms. This is a very good thing.
- If you were a fan of director Wes Anderson’s Fantastic Mr. Fox, check out this trailer for his new movie Isle of Dogs. The voiceover cast is loaded with big names, including Bryan Cranston, Edward Norton, Jeff Goldblum and Scarlett Johansson.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!