Fun note: this production was narrated by Eric Striker, a revered Oklahoma Sooner. If that has you feeling all types of feelings, then you probably have OUDNA.
Now for today’s Hot Links, we’ve got Gerald McCoy talking about superheroes, a list of the most valuable college football teams, what to watch this weekend as far as upsets are concerned and more!
- If you’re anything like me, you’ve probably written off any chances that the winless Baylor Bears will be competitive with OU on Saturday. While that may still turn out to be true, check out this take by our very own Jack Shields. It could ground some of those expectations for you.
- Safety and Waco native Kahlil Haughton talks about what it’ll be like to play in his hometown against the Bears on Saturday in this Q&A.
- Check out this insightful and humorous piece written by former OU defensive tackle and current Tampa Bay Buccaneer Gerald McCoy about the 5 (actually 6) toughest linemen McCoy’s ever lined up against. After you’re finished reading, make sure you answer his question. Personally I’ve always said no, but I’m pleased to admit McCoy has now convinced me otherwise.
- Ever wondered how much college football programs would be worth if they were on the market like professional franchises? Would you believe a billion dollars? I’ll tell you one thing, two of the top three played each other in Columbus a couple weeks ago. Just one more reason to be proud of our Sooners.
- As we unfortunately saw one example of on Saturday against Tulane, apparently there has been a significant increase in the number of targeting calls across college football this season. Personally, I think the rule still needs amending, both in how it’s enforced and the subsequent punishment.
- LSU running back Derrius Guice, widely considered as one of the better backs in college football this season, has been ruled out against Syracuse this week. Even with Guice, LSU’s offense was practically non-existent last weekend in Starkville, as Mississippi State drubbed the Tigers 37-7.
- This could be an epic weekend for the 2017 season, as several top-10 teams are playing on the road against capable opponents. Check out all those teams on upset alert in this detailed breakdown.
- Former boxing middleweight champion Jake LaMotta, 95, passed away. His incredible story is probably best known for being adapted into the critically-acclaimed 1980 film, Raging Bull, starring Robert De Niro who played the role of LaMotta.
‘Stick to Sports!’:
- Oklahoma’s Darci Lynne Farmer, a 12-year-old ventriloquist, won the popular NBC contest show America’s Got Talent last night. Congratulations to her and her family for such an amazing accomplishment (and for winning a million dollars)!
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!