Happy Tuesday, Sooner Nation!
With the Heisman odds changing week after week, Oklahoma’s own Baker Mayfield jumped to the best odds to win (+350). Baker’s definitely earned that kind of recognition at this point, but Mason Rudolph could do himself some favors with a big performance against TCU. You can find the complete odds for the Heisman favorites here (as of 9/18).
- We’re all still heated about what appeared to be a blown call on CeeDee Lamb last Saturday for targeting, but Lincoln Riley handled it with grace. The good news out of it is that he wont miss any of this Saturday’s game against Baylor since it occurred in the first half.
- ICYMI: Baker Mayfield was asked about the 2014 collapse of the Oklahoma Sooners yesterday. He blamed Katy Perry. Pretty sound logic if you ask me.
- OU stars were in action for their respective NFL teams this week, some faring better than others. You can see our full Week 2 recap here.
- Also - our old friends Trevor Knight and Aaron Ripkowski still put the horns down long after moving on from Oklahoma.
- If for some reason you’re a Texas fan, or are just into aviation, checkout the route this plane took yesterday over the skies of Texas. The attention to detail is actually really impressive.
- Former Oklahoma City Thunder star Kevin Durant has made headlines the last two days for all the wrong reasons - proving Twitter is both the best and worst thing to ever happen to us.
KD has secret accounts that he uses to defend himself and forgot to switch to them when he was replying to this guy I'm actually speechless pic.twitter.com/9245gnpa3c— 1-1 / ✭ 1-1 (@harrisonmc15) September 18, 2017
- Remember when Los Angeles was given a football team, and then another football team? That was great and all, but I think a few people missed the memo...
Really thought more fans would come out this week after the Rams routed the Colts, and looked exciting, last week. With 5 min left in 1 qtr. pic.twitter.com/qExfbsFVgF— Lindsey Thiry (@LindseyThiry) September 17, 2017
...and instead went to USC/Texas.
Stick To Sports!
- The 69th (nice) Emmy’s were somewhat of a flop. Here’s how The Ringer would fix it.
- Call of Duty dropped a new trailer yesterday, and I’ve already spent $60 on it.