Happy College Football Saturday, Oklahoma! Today the Oklahoma Sooners should have a bit of a breather compared to last weekend, as OU returns home to face the Tulane Green Wave out of the American Athletic Conference. Before the big game kicks off, take a look at some of these signs from ESPN’s College GameDay:
- Love him or hate him, you gotta admit this is next-level sign game:
- And if you grew up watching Peanuts, you should appreciate this gem:
Alright, folks, start your day off right with today’s edition of Hot Links! We’ve got an ambitious GoFundMe for a Mayfield statue, a dancing Lamb, a bunch of penalties, and more! Check ‘em all out now!
- ICYMI, here are the preview, the game thread/final thoughts, the gambling picks/TV info, and the Tulane Q&A.
- Need a quick pump-up for the game? OU radio man Toby Rowland and Sooner Sports have put together another Scene Setter for the game against Tulane today.
- OU Head Coach Lincoln Riley has had a near flawless start to his head coaching career, and his success is largely due to his efforts on the recruiting trail. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Oklahoma is in good hands with Riley at the helm.
- The jury is still out? Goodness, when will they ever learn? I could go on and on, but they’re only fueling the fire for the Sooners. Keep it coming, “experts.”
- An Oklahoma fan has started a GoFundMe in hopes of raising $500,000 for a Baker Mayfield statue. I support this.
- True freshman middle linebacker Kenneth Murray is getting better and better in his role at a vital position on defense. After being thrown into the fire so early in his career, the game should start to slow down for him the with each game.
- Speaking of true freshmen, wide receiver CeeDee Lamb plays like he’s been here for longer than 2 games and is already becoming a household name. So how does he get himself ready for the big stage? Well, by dancing, of course.
- The other newcomer WR establishing himself for the Sooners is Kentucky graduate transfer Jeff Badet. After his lost fumble in the first half against Ohio State, both Badet and OU fans probably wondered if his opportunities would diminish from that point on. Fortunately, he was given another chance to prove the moment was not too grand for him.
- This is still very important. J.J. Watt has quickly become one of my favorite athletes of all time. The man uses his platform in ways I can only hope all high-profile athletes emulate going forward.
Why We Love Sports Today: J.J. Watt's fundraising for Hurricane Harvey closes at over $37M in donations. https://t.co/zN8mbPAlWx— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) September 16, 2017
- If you missed last night’s college football game between Illinois and South Florida, then you spared yourself from having to watch 31 enforced penalties. Yes, THIRTY-ONE flags. Is that a record?
- Looks like the Cincinnati Bengals fired their offensive coordinator after two games with no touchdowns. This may have an impact on the number of carries Joe Mixon receives.
- The Kansas City Royals defeated the Cleveland Indians last night, 4-3, bringing the Indians’ AL record 22-game winning streak to an end.
‘Stick to Sports!’:
- 20 years since it first embarked on one of the most ambitious missions in NASA history, the Cassini spacecraft has finally crash-landed on Saturn. It’s a major success for humankind.
- For all you fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Guardians of the Galaxy series director James Gunn has addressed a possible spin-off that focuses on the origins of the beloved Rocket Raccoon. All I can say is ‘I Am Groot” (Yes, yes, a million times yes please!).
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!