Happy Thursday, Sooner nation. It’s September 14, you know what that means. Only 55 days until basketball season! To celebrate, Trae Young went on “The Overtime Challenge” to show off some of his skills and give fans a glimpse into one of his workouts.
I’ve also been informed that it is apparently still football season, if that interests any of you. We are just over 48 hours away from OU and Tulane squaring off in Norman, and we have some reading material to tide you over until then.
Here are your Thursday Hot Links!
- How is OU preparing for Tulane’s option offense? The Sooners’ defense will face an offensive scheme unlike anything they will ever see in the Big 12 (though they do share some similarities with Kansas State).
- Congrats to Patti Gasso on a much-deserved raise! When factoring in incentives, shell be making about $1 million a year.
- Latest CBS Sports mock draft has Orlando Brown going No. 1 overall. It’s good to see NFL scouts are recognizing Brown’s talent. For his sake, I sure hope he doesn’t go to the Browns.
- Parnell Motley is transforming OU’s secondary. The sophomore cornerback has been getting quite a bit of attention following his first career interception last Saturday against Ohio State.
- 4-3 defense has been largely absent for the Sooners so far. The shift in OU’s defensive scheme was a major talking point of the offseason, but Mike Stoops has rarely used the 4-3 through the first two games.
- OU victory over Ohio State was a credit to Bob Stoops. The former coach was forced to watch Saturday’s game as a spectator, but he played a much larger role in the on-field result than many people recognize.
- Kenneth Murray shows growth, shines as a true freshman. Murray’s play on the field has certainly justified Mike Stoops’ decision to name him a starter.
- WWE star New Day helps break the news to Hawaii walk-on Hunter Hughes that he has been awarded a scholarship. This is certainly one of the more unique scholarship announcements I’ve ever seen.
- Speaking of Hawaii, one Alabama fan (or a brilliant comedian) is very worried that Aloha State native Tua Tagovailoa won’t be able to communicate with his coaches or teammates because of the language barrier. I, for one, certainly hope Tagovailoa will be able to handle the tough transition from America to...a different part of America. Roll Tide!
Alabama has a freshman quarterback from Hawaii, and at least one fan is concerned pic.twitter.com/uKxTpVz1hm— Ben Reiter (@BenReiter) September 13, 2017
- Some Ohio State recruits are calling for a change at quarterback. In a shocking turn of events, Kirk Herbstreit disagrees with them.
‘Stick to Sports!’
- As C&C’s resident good music appreciator, I am thrilled to inform you all that Lil Dicky dropped a 7-song album, and it’s literally 21 minutes of him having a conversation with his brain. It’s the most Lil Dicky move of all time and I am 100% here for it. Check it out on Spotify.