Hump Daaaaaay! It’s Wednesday everyone, which means the week is essentially half over.
The Sooners’ own Baker Mayfield was brought onto the Rich Eisen show to talk about the crazy weekend in Columbus. Amongst other things, Eisen and Baker discussed Brett Farve and how Baker watched him as a kid. Eisen promised to get them in touch.
Looks like he didn’t disappoint.
Two pocket masterminds who seemed to make things happen when you thought the play was over, and did so with plenty of swagger — it’s easy to see a lot of Favre in Baker Mayfield. It’s awesome to see Baker get hooked up with a Hall of Fame quarterback who can give him a few tips towards becoming an NFL star. These two needs to become best buds, as they obviously seem like kindred spirits.
But I digress, here are your Wednesday Hot Links!
- Baker Mayfield might be leading a charge to the College Football Playoff, but it’s the defense that might bring OU back to a title game.
- And with Baker being perhaps the most famous walk-on in college football history, walk-on receiver Lee Morris Jr. made the most out of his opportunity to impress against Ohio State. Maybe Running Back U is becoming Walk-On U.
- Yesterday, Siri knew who the real owner of Ohio Stadium was. She now says it’s owned by Ohio State University, and there’s reason to believe she’s being held hostage. Our friends over at Maize ‘N Brew also had some fun with the topic yesterday.
- If you’re a podcast guy like me, Ringer University talks about the flag plant heard ‘round the world and some other things.
- Parnell Motley is looking to build momentum off his interception on Saturday, and it’ll be necessary to keep the defense on the rise.
- ICYMI - our old friend Sam Bradford posted some career numbers on Monday, and Adrian Peterson donned colors that weren’t purple and gold for the first time during a regular season game. You can get the rundown here.
- With recent events causing our friends down south to reschedule a few games, Alex Kirshner explains how these cancellations are going to affect multiple teams.
- Fear not, Mike Gundy’s god-awful/incredible mullet is still there, says his son. Just another reason why Oklahoma State is...something else...
- Think the Florida Gators going to be in better shape for this week’s game? Think again. Nine players are still suspended in Gainesville.
‘Stick To Sports!’
- The Ringer broke down one the dark, cynical, and somewhat depressing BoJack Horseman show this week, and it’s a really good read. I also recommend the show, it’s seriously amazing.
- I mentioned that you should also watch ‘IT’ in an earlier Hot Links, but apparently the film’s main antagonist is not good at what IT is supposed to do. See what I did there?