Happy Friday, everybody! With the Oklahoma Sooners practicing in full pads now, things are beginning to get a lot more interesting around here. We’re seeing who is starting to really stand out and who else may not be as ready. Also, the NFL preseason kicked off Thursday night and some notable Sooners have already seen some action.
So stay tuned for all this and much more, and without further ado, your daily Hot Links:
- OU kicker/punter Austin Seibert has returned to practice.
- It appears RB Rodney Anderson is also back at practice after missing Thursday for personal reasons. He was seen practicing Friday morning (hint: he’s number 24).
Another day to get better. pic.twitter.com/VIhkI1YWtO— Oklahoma Football (@OU_Football) August 4, 2017
- The official preseason Amway Coaches Poll was released yesterday. OU is ranked 8th, and four other Big XII teams made the cut. You can read a little about what we had to say about that here.
- Former OU QB Trevor Knight saw extensive action in the Hall of Fame Game preseason match between the Cowboys and the Cardinals. Former OU D-lineman Charles Tapper saw the field for Dallas, too.
- Another player, former OU running back Roy Finch, who plays for the Calgary Stampeders in the CFL, had this 103 yard punt return for a touchdown. That head fake, though... wow.
- World famous soccer star Neymar makes bank but breaks hearts in a monster move.
- Have you ever wondered why there has never been a video game for the WNBA? NBA Live ‘18 is charting new ground, and it’s generating a lot of buzz.
- More drama surrounding the Mayweather-McGregor fight. McGregor’s sparring partner is out.
- The Oklahoma City Thunder sign Daniel Hamilton to a two-way contract. Wait, what?
- Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill suffered a knee injury, and the Dolphins are fearful it may be season-ending.
‘Stick to Sports!’: