An anchor for the line, Brown started every game last season at left tackle for the Sooners and earned second-team All-America honors from the AP and Football Writers Association of America. On top of that, Brown became the first sophomore to be named Big 12 Offensive Lineman of the Year as he provided Baker Mayfield stellar protection along with the rest of the offensive line.
Brown has also been named to preseason watch lists for the Maxwell Award, given to the college football player of the year, which was last won by a Sooner in 2004 (Jason White). Brown has also received a nomination for the Outland Trophy which is awarded to the country's top interior lineman, which was last won by a Sooner in 2004 aswell (Jammal Brown). He was also one of five Sooners named to the first team of the Preseason All-Big 12 Football Team.
- Abdul Adams has been one of the favorites to start at running back coming into the home opener, and it shouldn’t blow anyone away that he’s been impressive. In fact, he’s the most improved player on the Sooners’ roster.
- And while Adams seems to be a favorite, it was made known that the Sooners are still likely to go with a four-back cycle for their opener against UTEP.
- SB Nation put out bowl predictions for the upcoming season, and it looks like the Sooners are on track for a Cotton Bowl berth, according to Jason Kirk.
- We at Crimson and Cream Machine are always looking out for other fans. That’s why we made a cheat sheet on who to follow for news on the Sooners this season. You can find it here.
- SB Nation ranked all 130 FBS teams in divisional tiers. It shouldn’t blow anyone away that Oklahoma is in the the Second Tier. You can see where other teams weigh in here.
- Bama has been at or near top for the last 10 years. What have you been the ‘Alabama Crimson Tide’ in? SB Nation’s College Football Twitter account asked the hard hitting question and the answers are just as good as you think.
- TRIGGER WARNING: In an excellent longform piece, Bill Connelly gives the oral history of Boise State - a program that defied everything college football. If you like the behind the scenes of football and how they became a valuable program, I highly recommend reading this.
- With the college football season coming at us soon, Jason Kirk explains how you can enjoy college football in the highest degree.
- Boog Powell and Boog Powell meet for the first time this week. One was a star in the 60’s and 70’s and one was born in 1993. There might even be a third Boog. Boogs for everybody!
‘Stick To Sports!’
- The eclipse was yesterday, and the natural phenomena made the world stand still for a few minutes to catch a glimpse of something incredible. The BBC has the day in photos, and they. are. spectacular.
- The Powerball has hit $700 million, reaching the second-highest mark all time. So if someone reads this and hits the lottery, let me know. I need to pay my tuition.