Happy Friday, Sooner fans!
This morning I woke up to what has become a very welcome sight for OU fans since Lincoln Riley took over the program.
— Lincoln Riley (@LincolnRiley) August 18, 2017
Yes, this means that a commitment is on the horizon, but who could it be. Well, we may have to look no further than safety prospect Delarrin Turner-Yell, who announced last evening that he is no longer committed to the Baylor Bears.
After all the prayer and long thoughts. I've decided to decommit from Baylor University.Please respect my decision , may god bless— Troubleman (@dtturner11) August 18, 2017
It seems likely that Oklahoma could secure its 18th commit of the 2018 class sometime today.
Without further ado, here are the rest of the links and tweets!
- The NFL preseason is in full swing, which gives us an opportunity to check out the progress of some former Oklahoma Sooners. Someone who has really opened some eyes is Dede Westbrook, who caught six passes for 131 yards last evening for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Freshman safety Robert Barnes returned to practice yesterday, but redshirt freshman MLB Jon-Michael Terry was still unavailable. Terry is supposed to battle true freshman Kenneth Murray for the starting MIKE linebacker spot, but he has missed the last week-and-a-half. As impressive as Murray seems to be from a physical standpoint, it seems that this has given the youngster a real opportunity to win the gig.
- Today was the last day of training camp before regular practices begin, so the players swapped jerseys. Matt Romar wearing Levi Draper’s jersey with a serious look on his face has me dying.
- In case you missed it, Joe Castiglione was voted the best AD in the country by media members and fellow ADs. There’s only ONE Joe C!
- Never change, Baker Mayfield!
- The St. Petersburg Bowl is now called the BAD BOY MOWERS GASPARILLA BOWL! Ironically, the bowl game sponsored by a lawnmower brand will be played on crappy artificial turf.
- A kicker at Bowling Green nailed a 53-yard field goal to earn a scholarship this week, which was pretty damn cool. What would have happened if he missed it, though? I’m sure they were going to give it to him anyway, but I’m not quite sure how they would’ve gone about it. We’ll never know...
- The Cleveland Cavaliers will never trade Lebron James, but here are seven fun scenarios just for the hell of it.
- A bit confused by the Ezekiel Elliott suspension/appeal situation? Here’s everything you need to know.
“STICK TO SPORTS!”
- One of the most intriguing movies out there right now is Logan Lucky, and here’s what makes it so good. Note: This article is pretty much spoiler-free.
- Is a hot dog a sandwich? Do you even care? I don’t, but Nintendo Switch users do, apparently.