It’s Wednesday. The week feels like it’s dragging right? Might just be me..
Anyway, the Oklahoma Sooners had a full scrimmage under the lights at Owen Field on Tuesday evening. Lincoln Riley oversaw the field as Baker Mayfield, Austin Kendall, and Kyler Murray strung together some scoring drives.
The defense also looked pretty good, forcing a few three-and-outs and making some big stops in the red zone.
You can see images from the scrimmage here. Included in the gallery are images of Owen Field during sunset, and I’d be lying if I said I don’t have them saved for a computer background.
- Rodney Anderson is back, and he’s looking to make a splash this season as the lead back for the Sooners’ offense. I’m excited, he’s excited, Lincoln Riley is excited, and you should be, too.
- Sports Illustrated’s 2017 Preseason All-American Team has been released, and Baker Mayfield and Orlando Brown made the first team. Additionally, Jordan Thomas made the second team.
- Former Sooners basketball standout Buddy Hield has had a long road to the NBA, and he’s living his childhood dream of playing at the highest level. If you aren’t a fan already (why wouldn’t you be?), this might make you one.
- The Coach O era in LSU might not be the same as the one led by Les Miles, but SB Nation’s Bill Connelly talks about how he can bring LSU back from the dead in his first full season heading the Tigers.
- The Lane Kiffin move to FAU might have been a head scratcher, but Lane might be up to something down in Boca. He’s loading up on big name transfers, and some are from ‘Last Chance U’. Additionally, he added former Oklahoma QB Chris Robison yesterday.
- If I told you to cover three games in five days (all of which were across the country) on Labor Day Weekend, would you be able to do it? I probably wouldn’t. Kirk Herbstreit is going to, and it’s going to be insane. Oh, and there’s going to be High School coverage mixed in. The guy incredible.
- If you really need a good laugh, here’s a take on the Texas Longhorns going 12-1 this season and clinching a Playoff berth. No, really. I’m not making that up.
- Remember that Yankees fan from the last Hot Links? He’s back, and still getting his heart broken:
“STICK TO SPORTS!”
- The Ringer made a list of iconic director Steven Soderbergh’s films, and I am thoroughly pleased to see Ocean’s Eleven on here. You can see all 25 movies, ranked, here.
- I know that everything is bigger in Texas, but this crosses the line. Check out this monstrous thing that Darren Rovell found. I better not catch any of you eating this in October.
New at State Fair Of Texas: Funnel Cake Bacon Cheeseburger pic.twitter.com/h0ttnUZVvI— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) August 16, 2017
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!