Good morning/afternoon, everyone. It’s Monday. You know the drill. Here are your Hot Links!
Twitter went bananas yesterday when photos came out of the new home of the Oklahoma Sooners — a brand new 132,000-square-foot facility. The place has everything — hot tubs, lounge rooms, barbers chairs and Lego helmets. Everything.
And like all facilities, the Sooners left more than plenty of room to add to their accomplishments. And by plenty, I mean plenty.
And they didn’t forget the numerous Sooners stars in the NFL either.
- Speaking of the new facility, John Hoover sees at as evidence that OU isn’t standing idle. It’s definitely a good time to be a Sooner.
- Pat Forde made a list of the Top 25 QBs to keep an eye on this year (not necessarily 25 best), and familiar face comes up at 6, well above in-state rival Mason Rudolph.
- The pedigree of quarterbacks at Oklahoma will continue to run deep - OU verbal commit Spencer Rattler tops the QB list at 17th overall in ESPN’s Top 300 for 2019. Fellow 2019 commit Austin Stogner also makes the list at No. 60 overall.
- Spenser Davis has some bold-ish predictions for Oklahoma’s upcoming season. The more I hear about Jeff Badet at fall camp, the more I’m inclined to hop on the Badet hype train with Spenser.
- The enigma of Texas A&M has SB Nation’s Bill Connelly raising questions. Bill goes DEEP on how long until it’s not OK down in College Station, and what’s going on there.
- Not many people get more excited about new jerseys than me, so these new jerseys rolled out for 15 college football programs are very very satisfying. Especially that Navy jersey...
- The SEC is a totally different breed of football compared to the NFL, but Leonard Fournette claims that it’s not as different as you think.
- As a New Englander, I love a good Red Sox-Yankees game where the Yankees lose in dramatic fashion. 20-year-old Boston Red Sox phenom Rafael Devers did something last night that hasn’t happened before, and probably shouldn’t have happened at all..
- Also, this made me happy:
- The English Premier League is back, and Romelu Lukaku is doing Lukaku things, only now it’s for Man United:
‘Stick To Sports!’
- Don’t get left out at the water-cooler this week because you missed Game of Thrones. Here’s Sunday’s recap so you can stay in the loop, and as usual, there are spoilers.
- Willie Nelson is still on tour (I know right?), but last night his show was cut short due to some shortness of breath. Don’t worry, he’s alright. Blame it on the altitude, Willie.
- If you’re a ‘Twin Peaks’ fan, you’ll love this article on the claim for Kyle MacLachlan being the top actor on television right now. After reading this, I might have to add it to my “To Watch” list. Beware to those who have never watched and plan to, there are spoilers.
Follow Crimson & Cream Machine on Twitter!