Happy Friday afternoon, Sooner nation!
I’m going to begin with a bit of personal news: August will be my last month with Crimson & Cream Machine. I’ve enjoyed my time here a lot, and I regret having to give it up, but I know whomever takes my place will hit the ground running like AD going off-tackle.
The reason for my departure is that my schedule with 107.7 The Franchise is going to be jam-packed this fall, especially once basketball season starts. We’ve got a lot planned, and I’m hoping that you guys will listen! Keep in touch with me on Twitter.
Without further ado, here’s today’s edition of Hot Links:
- ICYMI: check out DeDe Westbrook’s first NFL (preseason) touchdown.
- Zach Ochs of the Sun Herald writes about former Oklahoma Sooners wide receiver Zach Farrar, who’s keeping his dream alive at a Mississippi JUCO.
- Take a deep dive into Lincoln Riley’s small town roots, where apparently it was thought he’d go work for NASA some day.
- C&C Machine contributor Tanner Brodess put together a highlight reel of the Sooners hoops team’s most recent game from their trip down under:
- Look, I know that we’re in some troubling times. But if this can happen between two rivals, there is hope for us yet:
Friendliest I've ever seen the red river rivalry on the Price is Right this morning pic.twitter.com/VMWFpSgw1N— Brooke Pryor (@bepryor) August 11, 2017
- Sooner legend Rufus Alexander has some high praise for the Oklahoma receiving corps:
Just left OU practice those WRs is going to surprise people.— Rufus Alexander (@Rufus_Alexander) August 11, 2017
- Last night, the Pardon My Take twitter account reported that Oklahoma State star receiver James Washington had suffered a hernia injury and would be out at least the first four games. Lauren Rew of The Franchise reels that report in a bit:
Re @PardonMyTake, source tells me James Washington had ab pain; ultrasound discovered old hernia. No surgery now, will try to play thru it.— Lauren Rew (@Lauren_Rew) August 11, 2017
- All signs were pointing to a suspension for Cowboys star running back Zeke Elliott. Nobody could have guessed that he’d be given six games:
Cowboys' RB Ezekiel Elliott is being suspended 6 games, per source.— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 11, 2017
- Here’s a list of teams the College Football Playoff committee members must recuse themselves from discussing.
- The English Premier League begins today! Catch up on everything you need to know with this helpful collection of posts.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- Beck has announced a new album due in October!
- HBO is apparently suggesting a $250,000 bitcoin ransom to pay hackers who stole and leaked Game of Thrones episodes.