The Red River Shootout isn’t confined to stadiums, bars or the boardrooms of oil & gas companies.
I don’t know how well Merlinda did on the show, but it doesn’t really matter. She may have other chances to go to Cabo or Belize (or wherever) at some point, but the opportunity to drive a knife into the gut of the Texas fan base on national television may never present itself again. Props to Merlinda!
- The OU hoops team played another exhibition game down under this morning, and they came out on top by a score of 104-89. Trae Young led the way with 21 points and five assists, while Christian James added 18 points of his own. Here’s the replay complete with Australian broadcasters and everything:
- Baker Mayfield will have a number of new targets to choose from in 2017, but Jeff Badet may end up being the best of the bunch (at least in the short term).
- The women’s soccer squad has been ranked third in the Big 12 preseason poll by league coaches. Good luck this season, ladies!
- A rival coach gave a scouting report of OU to Sports Illustrated recently, and the coach made a point to mention that Lincoln Riley isn’t like other Mike Leach disciples. We couldn’t agree more, anonymous coach!
- Starting guard Dru Samia has been named to the watch list for Polynesian College Player of the Year Award. I’ll contend that he’s as good as anyone on the list, so he’s got a good shot. It’s also worth noting that an offensive lineman won it in 2015.
- In case you missed it, Steve Spurrier put LSU in a body bag yesterday. Like most people, I hated Spurrier in his younger days. However, he might have become my favorite personality in all of college football over the past 5+ years. The guy is an American treasure.
- Cardale Jones had something to say about Josh Rosen’s recent comments regarding academia and college football. I kind of think both are on point here.
- Speaking of Rosen, Jason Kirk discusses the media’s reaction to his quotes.
- AJ McCarron’s sushi restaurant in Tuscaloosa (yikes) has “Cheeto Rolls”. Also, the place is called Ajian Sushi...
- NBA expansion scenarios always intrigue me. Here’s a look at what to expect next time it happens.
“STICK TO SPORTS”
- Uber and Lyft may lead to drops in personal car ownership, according to a study. Not terribly surprising, but this is a pretty interesting read.
- Looks like Sturgill Simpson’s keyboardist went a bit too hard at a recent show:
My buddy Bobby goes hard in the paint and plays the organ like a caveman genius. The other night we were opening for Gn'R and while I was busy shitting my pants on stage mid-solo he broke some keys and cut his hand on them during the first song. These photos are the post show aftermath. Also I should add that he was talking to the Hammond company about an artist endorsement until they saw him surfing on his organ during our SNL performance and backed out like a bunch of pussies. It's cool Hammond..we'll just keep fixing this one. Don't ever change @bobmankingaudio