Happy Tuesday, Sooner fans!
This past weekend resulted in a lot good news and good vibes for the Oklahoma Sooners football program, but don’t assume that OU is done reaping the rewards of the successful ChampU BBQ. The Sooners could potential receive another commitment or two this week.
In case y'all were wondering, we got more on tha way ♂️— Patrick Fields (@PatrickFields24) July 30, 2017
Someone Fields could potentially be referring to is Columbus, Ohio, linebacker Brian Asamoah, who was in Norman this past weekend for the big event. Asamoah holds offers from regional schools such as Michigan, Penn State, Pitt, Kentucky and Cincinnati, but OU has been right in the thick of things since offering back in March.
I will be deciding where the best fit for me is this upcoming week. #NextChapter— Brian Asamoah ひ (@b_moah211) July 30, 2017
Another BBQ visitor who could be making an announcement sometime soon is DFW linebacker DaShaun White. His tweet was a bit more vague, but the four-star prospect really likes the Sooners. In fact, most 247 Crystal Ball predictions have him ending up in Norman after this past weekend.
Finally, there’s a very good chance that Oklahoma receives positive news on Aug. 12, which is when four-star OL Darrell Simpson plans to announce his commitment. Simpson has long been considered an OU lean, so this is definitely something to keep an eye on.
- The PPV info has been released for the OU-Tulane game, which is OU’s third game of the season. As usual, this game will set you back a bit.
- The hoops team is busy with practice prior to its big trip to New Zealand and Australia, but Trae Young and Jordan Shepherd found time to create a viral video. #DriveByDunkChallenge has been a thing on the internet for quite some time, but props to these dudes for sticking to what they thrive at.
- Speaking of hoops, don’t forget about Oklahoma native Brady Manek! He and Hannes Polla are often overshadowed by Young as far as freshmen are concerned (and for good reason), but these dudes could be pretty special in their own right.
- Beginning at midnight, schools began sending out “official offer” graphics, and OU’s are pretty cool.
- ESPN released its list of the top 25 players in the country today, and Baker Mayfield is obviously pretty high on the list. You can also check out 50-26 right here.
- The renovations to GFOMS include stronger wifi, which is obviously a good thing. This will make it much easier for me to angrily tweet during home games. On second thought... maybe it’s not such a good thing.
- Speaking of scholarship graphics, here’s a look at 14 of the best and worst. As someone who’s always loved pirates, No. 1 is not even up for debate.
- Do you ever wonder what type of music college football players like to listen to? Wonder no more!
- The NCAA made a player ineligible yesterday because of his personal YouTube account. I think it’s long past time for that organization to start reevaluating its priorities.
- Florida State’s Derwin James thinks he’s the best player in the country. I love Baker, but I agree with James’ assessment of himself.
“STICK TO SPORTS!”
- A mockumentary series about EDM’s bro culture is going to premiere on Thursday. That sounds right up my alley. I hate EDM with every fiber of my being!
- Some woman wrote a hilarious Facebook post in an effort to get rid of a rooster, who apparently was a “jerk”.