Happy hump day, y’all!
It’s always a great day to be a Sooner, but it appears that the clouds agree with us today.
- Oklahoma Sooners quarterback Baker Mayfield was ordered by the university to perform 35 hours of community service as punishment for his arrest in Arkansas earlier this year. Looks like Baker is delivering for Meals on Wheels, which is good to see. If you’re going to do community service, you might as well get the most out of it by doing something truly rewarding.
- For those of you who have kids, Meet the Sooners Day has been set for Aug. 5. One of my favorite memories as an OU fan was getting Brandon Everage’s autograph at the event in 2003. I wish they had the 14-and-under requirement back then. I was unable to get Jason White’s autograph that day because I was pushed to the side by #thirsty adults with mullets, which is something I’m still pretty pissed about.
- Who are the biggest trash-talkers in the Big 12? Hint: they’re both Sooners.
- The Sooners made the cut for IMG Academy OL Reuben Unije on Tuesday night along with Florida, Oregon, South Carolina, UCLA, Alabama and Ole Miss. Unije is the teammate of current OU commit T.J. Pledger.
- The Oklahoma Sooners weren’t just dominant on the links in 2017 — they also killed it in the classroom. Max McGreevy, Grant Hirschman and Rylee Reinertson were named All-America Scholars by the Golf Coaches Association of America on Wednesday.
- 2007 was one of the wildest years of college football in recent memory. SB Nation is taking a trip down memory lane today, and you should join us. Note: We’ll be posting a roundtable about the 2007 season later today, so stay tuned!
- Speaking of 2007, remember when KU-Mizzou mattered in football?
- Was 2007 the craziest season in college football history? Yes, but 2000 was also nuts.
- OU likely would’ve made the College Football Playoff in 2007, and I honestly think that team could have easily won that Playoff if healthy.
“STICK TO SPORTS”
- Here’s Elon Musk’s car elevator, which will be used for his underground tunnel thing. Don’t know about the tunnel thing? Here you go.
- Matt Groening is doing a new animated series for Netflix! Everything he touches is gold, so my expectations are high.