Happy Tuesday, Sooner nation!
We’re in the home stretch. Soon, we’ll stop talking about football and just watch the damn thing. And it will be a beautiful day.
Without further ado, here’s today’s edition of Hot Links:
- I’ve often said that there’s no cushier job than being a backup QB in the NFL — they get paid pretty good sums of cash with relatively high job security to stand around 90% of the time. Former Sooner standout Landry Jones knows this well.
- I’ve got to say, Trae Young is looking pretty good...
- OU men’s hoops released its finalized non-conference schedule, with a slate of games including opponents like Alabama, Northwestern, and USC.
- Jordan Thomas’ teammates are lobbying for his inclusion on the Thorpe Award watch list.
- The Sooners’ annual not-so-secret recruiting barbecue is coming up this weekend. Sooner Scoop’s Josh McCuistion takes a look at positions of need for the Sooners heading into the event.
- Yesterday, Dallas Cowboys receiver Lucky Whitehead was cut from the team after a warrant was issued in his name. Turns out it was a case of mistaken identity. Not a great look for the Cowboys:
Per agent Dave Rich, all charges were dropped for former #Cowboys WR Lucky Whitehead. Warrant rescinded. Cops had the wrong guy.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 25, 2017
- If you’re a football fan — and if you’re reading this, odds are great that you are — you need to check out the New York Times’ report on CTE, concussions, and brain injuries.
- Julio Jones ain’t all that different than you and I...except for the whole freak athlete part.
- Digging Last Chance U season two? Me too. Find out where players from both seasons are now. Some spoilers if you haven’t finished the show yet.
- Did LeBron just call #FakeNews?
‘Stick to sports!’
- James Dator watched in bewilderment as a man tried to return butternut squash because he thought it was cheese.
- NPR’s Tiny Desk Concert never disappoints. The Shins’ set was just par for the course.