Happy Sunday evening, Sooner Nation!
This is your friendly reminder that you only have to survive five more weekends without football. The Sooners wrapped up summer workouts this weekend, and fall practice will officially begin at the end of July.
Dang, Jordan. Don’t get me all emotional like this already. It’s still only July.
Here are the links!
- OU commit Brey Walker is already making an impression at Westmoore. The No. 1 ranked 2018 recruit in the state of Oklahoma transferred to Westmoore after spending the last few seasons at Southmoore.
- Summer football workouts ramping up with fast start in mind. Strength and conditioning coach Jerry Schmidt has taken a different approach to this off-season after the team’s slow start last year.
- How Putnam City's Ron Tatum got comfortable in his own skin - the No. 3 recruit in the state flipped his commitment from Texas to OU on June 12.
- Sam Bradford more confident after full offseason. Minnesota’s quarterback situation is still up in there air as Teddy Bridgewater continues rehab.
- OU incoming freshman Hannes Pöllä wrapped up a dominant tournament at the FIBA U20 European tournament.
- Hugh Freeze’s downfall just continues the Ole Miss cycle. The Rebels are still waiting to hear if there will be further NCAA sanctions issued against the program.
- Remembering Sam Foltz and Mike Sadler. Today is the one-year anniversary of the fatal car accident that killed the former Nebraska and Michigan State punters.
- Former Alabama linebacker Eryk Anders knocks out opponent in 1st round of UFC debut. Anders was a star on Nick Saban’s first national championship team at Alabama.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- It’s Sunday, which means everyone’s favorite HBO series is back. That’s right, Ballers season 3 premieres tonight at 10 pm ET. If you’ve never watched it, it’s essentially Entourage with football players.