Happy Thursday Sooner nation!
While we already took immense pride in our coverage of all things Oklahoma sports, we’re excited to add more layers to it. Football season will be here in the blink of an eye, so stay tuned!
Without further ado, today’s edition of Hot Links:
- Oklahoma Sooners head coach Lincoln Riley is making the rounds (the car wash, if you will) at ESPN’s Bristol headquarters today. As far as 33-year-olds go, Mike Golic and Trey Wingo think Riley occupies an elite list:
- Riley spoke a little more about his age on First Take:
- It’s only been about a month and a half, but Riley is already making a huge impact, David Ubben writes.
- Get acquainted with OU hoops’ newest additions — although I’ve got a feeling you already know one of these guys pretty well.
- OU hoops alumnus Blake Griffin recently cashed in on a five-year, $173 million contract. He says that he wants to finish his career in LA. While a true homecoming would have been nice, it’s nice to see Griffin continuing to do well for himself.
- New Baylor coach Matt Rhule has done a great job of talking the talk next season. But will he and his program walk the walk?
- Netflix’s football docudrama Last Chance U returns tomorrow. Jason Kirk’s verdict? Just as awesome as season one. I for one can not wait.
- It looks like a Derrick Rose signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers is imminent. LeBron wanted to see some offseason improvement for his squad, but I’m not sure this is what he meant...
- Well, apparently we can all look forward to seeing former LSU coach Les Miles on our TVs come fall.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- A man shot out the tires of an AT&T truck parked outside of his home. Can you guess which state he’s from?
- The new Kingsman film looks absolutely nuts and I can not wait: