IT’S FRIDAY, Y’ALL. I could not be more excited for this weekend, for I’ll be heading up to Okemah tomorrow for the Woody Guthrie Folk Festival.
We’re now just half a hundred days out from football, as the king would say:
With Big 12 Media Day just around the corner, football is finally starting to feel close enough to touch. Don’t blink or you may miss the rest of the offseason.
Or do — I won’t tell you how to act.
Without further ado, today’s edition of Hot Links:
- A few notable Oklahoma defensive backs were snubbed from the Thorpe Award watch list. While it’s a bit frustrating to see, it should serve as excellent motivation next season.
- Tulsa Union DT Jordan Kelley is unwavering in his commitment to play for Oklahoma — his dream school.
- Hey, have you guys heard about this Trae Young kid coming in to play hoops for OU? Seems to me like he could be really good:
- Alright, alright, I apologize for the sarcasm. But here’s a recruit who may have actually flown under your radar: the man from Finland, Hannes Pöllä. His team played against Armenia today in the first game of the FIBA U20 championship. He had a pretty decent day at the office:
- Billy Tubbs is still hanging around Norman and knocking in holes-in-one, apparently:
Congrats to Billy Tubbs on his second career hole-in-one. He scored it yesterday at Jimmie Austin on No. 2. #Sooners— Kenny Mossman (@Kenny_Mossman) July 14, 2017
- Russell Westbrook is having one hell of a Summer. Last night, he accepted yet another award. Peep the incredible jersey:
- Mr. Thunder himself will retire in Oklahoma City, signing a one-year deal to stay with the team.
- I linked to 17776 a week or two back in Hot Links, but it’s only gotten bigger and better. The genius of Jon Bois shows in his serialized multimedia narrative (mostly) about the future of football. 17776’s last transmission will be tomorrow.
- Kentucky head coach and Stoops brother Mark has some...interesting (Read: bad) thoughts on players transferring.
- I’m already kind of over the Mayweather vs. McGregor fight. Can they both lose? Regardless, their press events have been great entertainment.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- My most anticipated album of the year is out! Take a listen to the gorgeous new record by Japanese Breakfast: