Happy Saturday, Sooner fans!
With the recruiting dead period in full swing, things are a bit quiet on the recruiting front (with the exception of The Opening Finals, which you can read about here), but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we are short on OU storylines.
Former Oklahoma Sooners hooper Blake Griffin is set to sign a massive deal with the Los Angeles Clippers that will reportedly be worth $173 million over five years. I would love to have seen him return to OKC, but that always seemed unlikely. Having said that, it’s pretty tough not to feel extremely happy for Blake right now. After missing his entire first season in the NBA with a stress fracture in his left knee, the OU and OCS alum has earned himself quite a bit of fame and fortune both on and off the court. His commercials have always been funny, his dunks are off the hook, and (with one small exception) he’s always made us proud. Cheers, Blake!
- Recent OU WR commit Jaylon Robinson is transferring to a new high school this fall. He’ll be taking his talents to All Saints Episcopal in Ft. Worth.
- The Sooners have made the top 10 for four-star Ohio DE/TE Leonard Taylor.
- Samaje Perine got married yesterday, and his wife wrote a nice blog post about it. You may recall that he proposed to her with the help of a magician.
- This is a great article on former OU pitcher Dillon Overton and his determination to support his young son.
- PAUL GEORGE IS COMING TO OKC!!! Sam Presti successfully dumped Victor Oladipo’s bad contract and brought in a top-10 (even if it’s for only a year).
- A Virginia Cavaliers football player won $100,000 in the Virginia lottery! College athletes (and college students in general) often experience day-to-day financial difficulties, but this will certainly help.
- Netflix gave SB Nation an exclusive 55-second clip of the upcoming season of Last Chance U. That show is awesome, and you need to catch the first season if you haven’t already.
“STICK TO SPORTS!”
- Here at 12 trailers for new movies and TV shows provided by The Verge. The Jumanji reboot (or whatever you would call it) pisses me off. It’s not Jumanji. Call it something else.
- That guy who “organized” the Fyre Festival has been arrested for wire fraud. This probably won’t be the last thing he’ll be charged with.