Happy Sunday, Sooner Nation!
A couple of big recruiting announcements are in the works! The Sooners have an excellent chance at landing former Texas Tech commit Treveon Johnson, an underrated receiver out of Brenham, Texas:
Big Announcement Will Be Release Tonight @ 7‼️— (@TKJ_11) June 25, 2017
The Sooners are also the favorite to garner another Lone Star receiver — Jaylon Robinson, another former Tech commit, out of Ft. Worth:
Big announcement coming soon on my birthday. June 26th— JayFla⚡️h™ (@Jaylon_D1) June 19, 2017
If the pair do commit to Oklahoma, it will only improve Lincoln Riley’s 2018 recruiting class, which is shaping up really nicely. Keep an eye (or an eye emoji, if you’re Riley) on these announcements today and tomorrow.
Without further ado, today’s edition of Hot Links:
- Recent receiver commit Kundarrius Taylor is one hell of an exciting playmaker:
- OU football hasn’t had many players accused of felonies in the program’s history. Will Sunderland’s path going forward isn’t all that clear, Brooke Pryor writes.
- Dede Westbrook is adjusting to life as a rookie in Jacksonville. He spoke to the Tulsa World about the adjustment.
- Vegas win totals project the Sooners to play Alabama in a CFP semi-final.
- LSU running back Derrius Guice is a freak — the dude can squat 650 lbs. Unreal.
- The new Atlanta Falcons video board is nothing short of incredible.
- Last Chance U, the Netflix football documentary about a JUCO football powerhouse, is returning for its second season. It looks fantastic.
- It sounds like everybody’s favorite helicopter dad Lavar Ball will be making a WWE appearance. Joy.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- The Stone Roses have broken up. Again.
"Don't be sad it's over, be happy that it happened" Ian Brown. Hampden Park Glasgow tonight, confirming it's the last ever Stone Roses gig— Mainly Manchester (@ManchesterDose) June 24, 2017
- There’s nothing better than good saxophone — it’s science. This man absolutely tears up some Iron Maiden: