We’re just over two months away from college football season, and in order to continue to make this an excellent place for free Oklahoma Sooners coverage, analysis and discussion, we’re looking to expand our staff!
We’re happy to talk to individuals with a variety of interests, but we’re primarily looking for people to fill these positions:
- Football Contributor/Game Day Writer/Board Moderator - This is a position that is best suited for someone who is not able to make it to the games on Saturdays and is able to work from home. You will be in charge of writing at least two football-related posts during the week, interacting with fans on the game day thread and sometimes writing the preview and/or recap of the game. This person will be paid a monthly stipend. Writing experience is strongly preferred.
- Student Contributor (3) - We’re looking to add as many as three local students to our staff. We would prefer to bring in OU students, but students enrolled at UCO, TU, etc. are also encouraged to apply. All student contributors will write about football at least once per week. In addition, each student will specialize in at least one other sport, which can include men’s basketball, women’s basketball, baseball or softball. The ability to help out on game day is strongly preferred. We would also prefer to bring in students who are studying journalism, PR or a related field.
To be a successful contributor here, you’ll need:
- To be very comfortable using social media
- The ability to write or research without a ton of hand-holding or supervision
- The ability to come up with story ideas
- A passion for Oklahoma athletics
- The ability to consistently meet deadlines
- A flexible schedule, including some availability on evenings or weekends
If interested, shoot a writing sample, a cover letter and your Twitter handle to email@example.com. If you’ve applied for a position in the past, you’re encouraged to apply again.
Come help us make one of the best OU sites on the web that much better!