Good afternoon, Sooner nation!
The Women’s College World Series is underway. The Sooners started off strong with a big victory over Baylor. Check out Graham’s recap to catch up on the action.
Tonight (at 8:30 CST), the Sooners have a bit tougher of a matchup against the Washington Huskies:
It's Gameday!#Sooners face off with Washington in the #WCWS winner's bracket tonight at 8:30 pm on ESPN. pic.twitter.com/uV5elcQV3L— Oklahoma Softball (@OU_Softball) June 2, 2017
It’s apparent if you watch them: the Sooners are primed to defend their title and willing to fight tooth and nail to do so. Patty Gasso’s team is a special one.
Without further ado, today’s edition of Hot Links:
- OU landed their 2018 (or #ST2k18, if you’re in the know) quarterback in Waco, Texas’ Tanner Mordecai. If you missed it, check out Graham’s piece to see how Mordecai fits in.
- Sooner great Rickey Dixon, a staple in OU’s secondary and an All-American in 1987, is on the 2017 College Football Hall of Fame ballot.
- OU Baseball is set to kick off regional action with a game against the Xavier Musketeers:
#Sooners set for regional opener.— Oklahoma Baseball (@OU_Baseball) June 2, 2017
Preview and pitching match-up⬇️https://t.co/jEqrSsxSAn pic.twitter.com/noXCveKR4Y
- Familiarize yourself with each WCWS team before you head out for this weekend’s games at ASA Hall of Fame field.
- Wondering about the hashtag #Play4KN and the Sooners’ purple nail polish? Learn all about the touching story here. In an unrelated noted, someone is cutting onions in here.
- Drake Stoops (one-half of Bob’s pair of twin sons) pulled down another scholarship offer:
Excited to receive an offer from Ohio University!✅⚪️ pic.twitter.com/Ir0HvNPFfa— Drake Stoops (@Drake_stoops) May 31, 2017
- Game 1 of the NBA Finals was last night. If you didn’t get to watch it, you didn’t miss much. It’s starting to seem like KD’s Warriors are on the verge of unstoppable.
- Bud Elliott, who does a fantastic job of covering all things recruiting at Crootletter, lists a number of 2018 recruits who coaches won’t want to sleep on much longer.
- K-State head coach Bill Snyder — almost universally regarded as a man who is as kind as he is talented — has landed himself in some controversy by not granting a player the release he reportedly initially granted.
- Ian Boyd writes about how Oklahoma State football might break through this season.
- Former LSU coach Les Miles came out to support the Tigers at the Women’s College World Series. As he’s wont to do, he ate some grass.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- Radiohead released a previously unheard track that was apparently supposed to be on their seminal album OK Computer. Like most things they’ve released, it’s quality:
- A Calgary man who attached over 100 helium balloons to a lawn chair in an effort to fly is being called “unconscionably stupid” by a judge after he interfered with flight paths for commercial airplanes.