It’s Friday, Sooner Nation!
Newly-minted Oklahoma Sooners head coach Lincoln Riley has been making the media rounds lately, and I’m beginning to wonder if the dude sleeps. Fittingly, that’s the first question he was asked when he joined Fox Sports’ The Audible Podcast:
It’s an interesting interview, and he touches on many different topics, including Baker Mayfield’s punishment for his February arrest, his immaculate football recall, and more.
Without further ado, today’s edition of Hot Links:
- In case you missed it, definitely check out Graham’s article about how Riley may end up being Stoops’ greatest protégé.
- Trevor Trout, a four-star ‘18 defensive tackle from Chaminade (St. Louis, MO) is taking an unofficial visit to Norman today. Having McNeill in town certainly won’t hurt OU’s cause.
Norman in the AM— Trevor Trout ® (@totaltroutmove) June 15, 2017
- Trout is a talented, dynamic run-stopper who could be exactly the kind of interior force the Sooner defense needs to become elite. Check out his highlight reel:
- Ruffin McNeill brings as much personality to the table as he does experience.
- Timing is everything — at least in Lincoln Riley and West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen’s cases.
- SB Nation chose 75 of the greatest college football GIFs ever. Baker Mayfield’s dance moves make the cut!
- According to a report, the Oklahoma City Thunder will pursue former Sooners star Blake Griffin in free agency. No real surprise here — it’s really just a matter of whether or not the Thunder can clear space for him, and if Griffin will even consider coming back home.
- Was Lincoln Riley’s first week as head coach a whirlwind for you? Here’s a handy recap:
- The Franchise released it’s listener-voted All-Stoops team yesterday. The results were interesting, but the main takeaway is that the Sooners have been blessed with some serious talent over the past 18 years.
- Pistol Pete’s origin story is strange, convoluted, and tragic — it’s stranger than fiction. Just look at him: he’s seen some sh**.
- The Golden State Warriors are taking some heat for their unanimous decision to skip out on the traditional White House visit. Tom Ziller argues that it’s their choice and their choice alone.
- Jeremy Maclin was recently cut by the Kansas City Chiefs. He says that he learned about his release “through a voicemail.”
- The double team is the most disrespectful play in football.
‘STICK TO SPORTS!’
- Tulsa native John Moreland has drawn a glowing feature in GQ that hails him as the “new face of folk rock.” Pretty cool considering that he’s played The Deli, a Campus Corner mainstay in Norman, on many occasions.
- Arcade Fire has released another song and video from their upcoming album. They’re definitely taking an unexpected step: