Happy Thursday, Sooner fans!
I don’t know about you, but I’m feeling pretty good today. Oklahoma Sooners head coach Lincoln Riley has filled out his staff, things are looking positive on the recruiting front, and the U.S. Open has begun!
The best golfers in the world will be competing at Erin Hills, and the field includes Oklahoma golfer and NATIONAL CHAMPION Brad Dalke. He tees off Thursday at 1:14 PM CT, and you can catch the first-round action on FS1 (until 5 PM) and Fox (5-8. Additionally, you can find the live stream here and here. Good luck, Brad!
- OU had four players selected in this year’s MLB Draft. Congrats to JB Olson, Devon Perez, Vincenzo Aiello and Renae Martinez! It is also worth noting that Perez is a junior and is eligible to return.
- Hero Sports writes about Ruffin McNeill’s text to Lincoln Riley upon hearing the news of Riley’s hiring last week.
- Did you know that OU has won more national championships than any other school since 2015? The OU Daily was even kind enough to include OSU in the graphic.
In today's @OUDaily...#OneOklahoma☝️ #ChampU— Oklahoma Sooners (@OU_Athletics) June 14, 2017
➡️ https://t.co/CHEczpyVcz pic.twitter.com/kMpOgzYM4u
- Graham wrote about how Lincoln Riley could become Bob’s most successful protégé. Give it a read.
- Steve wrote about how Lincoln Riley can improve OU’s recruiting efforts. It seems like it’s already happening!
- As some of you are likely aware, LSU and Texas are having a bit of a tiff regarding satellite camps. Even Air Raid inventor Hal Mumme is involved.
- Check out the Shutdown Fullcast’s Big 12 preview!
- Only four current head coaches have won a national title. Who will be the next to join the club?
- McGregor-Mayweather is going to coincide with Stanford-Rice. The nerve, I tell you!
“STICK TO SPORTS!”
- Jason Isbell’s new album with the 400 Unit has been made available for streaming by NPR.
- Japan’s answer to the Amazon Echo comes in ‘bear and ‘chicken’. Neat!
- The 50th anniversary of Monterrey Pop is happening soon, and this year’s artist’s reflect on the original.